0

Need advice on cabinets and budget

Hi,

So we bought our house 3.5 years ago and the kitchen was from the 70’s. We didn’t have the budget to do a complete remodel so we replaced the countertops, painted the cabinets and new hardware and installed recessed lighting, backsplash and new appliances. Unfortunately the paint on the cabinets did not hold and is chipping. The cabinets are terrible and we want to replace them to improve the functionality of our kitchen and increase our home value.

My hope is that we could keep the same footprint, replace the cabinets, install hardwood floor and be able to use the same granite. (I believe it’s super white quartzite). I would love to replace the tile with hardwood floors to match the rest of the house too.

Here is the kicker, we would like to sell in 2-3 years so we want to make sure we don’t overspend. Does anyone have any advice on cabinetry. And do you think I should bother with the hardwood if we are planning on selling in a couple years? The tile was installed a year before we moved in. Thanks for you help!!