mydesiree

Pond underlayment

mydesiree
last year
last modified: last year

I've seen a lot of comments about people using carpet under their pond liner as underlayment so I wanted to know if anybody has ever used leather upholstery as underlayment. I have a very large roll of faux leather upholstery that is quite strong and I tried to poke it with some scissors and it took a lot of force to get it through. Would it be safe to use this under fish pond liner or would it just disintegrate from touching the dirt directly? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comment (1)

Yardvaark
    last year

It's likely the case that whatever percentage of the fabric is synthetic (probably all or most) will be durable and last for a long time, as it will not be exposed to UV rays. Even if it turns out to be otherwise, I can't think of a downside unless it would be clean up when someone decides they no longer want a pond there.