Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21884067

'Bengal Crimson'

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

..which may be Bengal Fire,/Sanguinea/Miss Lowe's to others...

A climber or small shrub like this.. depends on exposure in my garden.. but I couldn't be without it..



'Mme. Lauriol de Barny'.. just starting her one flush... another I couldn't be without..


'Triomphe des Noisettes'... the scent is the only reason she's still here..


'Marie Nabonnand' in the background... 'Ballerina' in front..


Verbascum 'Flush of White' is my go to perennial... I'm totally in love with it..


..first bloom 'Baronne Prevost'..


..part of a 50 foot Mixed Border..


..my favourite seat..


Comments (10)

  • 7 years ago

    Goodness, your garden has a lot going on, in not too much space I suspect, calling for much art and tact on the gardener's part. It looks beautiful!

    I've read a suggestion that the pink (not dark) rose that circulates under the name 'Duc de Fitzjames' may in fact be 'Mme. Lauriol de Barny', which I've never grown. I can't make a comparison, as my plant is at the bottom of the garden while I'm in bed, but from the photo your flower appears to have larger petals, be more deeply cupped, and have a different bloom form. Or I'm simply wrong: I'm going from memory. Mine's flowers are lovely, and it's a very cheerful, floriferous, tough rose, always a pleasure to see in bloom.

  • 7 years ago

    ..thanks Melissa...that's kind... yes I struggle with space which is why it all has to be controlled and managed.. otherwise I'm overrun... but I have enough to keep me interested...

    I've not heard of 'Duc de Fitzjames' at all... my bloom is a bit smaller than typical being the first of the season... but I'll have to look that one up and see what I think... more photos to follow in a week or so, then we perhaps can compare better...

  • 7 years ago

    Marlorena, your roses are wonderful, sumptuous pink and red blooms that delight the senses. The fragrance in the garden must be heavenly.

    It's interesting to see a Noisette with red color, something different from the typical pale shades.

    Your bench looks like a restful place to sit and enjoy the flowers.

    Bengal Fire is amazing, the purple companion flower next to it is a nice companion...

  • 7 years ago

    ..thanks Krista... it's a bit early for my garden, but I only posted photos because I didn't want Ingrid to feel she's the only one posting...

  • 7 years ago

    Your Bengal Crimson looks like a bunch of red silk bows adorning a bush. I love it!

  • 7 years ago

    Marlorena, you are a sweet lady! I'm thrilled that your garden blooms have begun. You always have the most beautiful plants, and Baronne Prevost and Mme. Lauriol de Barny are particularly exquisite. That verbascum is sooo pretty, but I had visions of it in my garden with the baby ground squirrels hanging off the stems, reaching for the flowers. I read that verbascums are difficult to grow, but obviously not for you.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Your roses and your garden are beautiful!

  • 7 years ago

    Absolutely gorgeous, Marlorena! Mme. Lauriol de Barny makes my heart swoon. Your garden is always an inspiration, and truth be told, I find it more charming and engaging than acres of beds. You have so skillfully filled it with colorful abundance, spilling in every direction, while still providing both practical and aesthetic structure through pathways, patios, trellises, tuteurs, etc. I always look forward to your photos and even do a little design espionage as I scan the images for ideas to steal. ;-) Carol

  • 7 years ago

    Carol, well said. I tried to follow but it is challenging. Marlorena has always inspired me with her colours. Trust me I am doing it but I think my pallet of colours is way off. Still figuring it out.

    Carol, you got to see a thread by Marlorena in winter when it is bare..looks so simple but I can't even follow. That tells you that I am really bad..hahaha.

    Marlorena your garden is beautiful and I can't wait to see more.

    jin