Software
Houzz Logo Print
lilykate7a

Good morning for a daylily stroll

7 years ago

Coffee in one hand and phone in other! Cloudy morning and great temps before the afternoon heat. Flowers in bloom. Life was good this morning!!


Nope, not a lily but magnolias are in bloom in the South.

Older lily I like so much that I reordered it two years ago when voles got my other one I had for years.

Opened prettily. Insects got most of the buds on this one.

New Paradigm. As usual looks faded to me. I tend to walk by it when it blooms.

Pointed Perfection. I am still liking this one. As you can see, I like to add texture to my photos with a few weeds!

i guess rest in comment. No more loading on this one.

Comments (12)

  • 7 years ago

    Shaman is a nice one. Mine perished after the neighbor's added trees and turned that sunny space into a shade garden. It always rebloomed well here. I love the colors on your New Paradigm looks. The eye on mine always looked brown. I was sort of happy when it croaked.


    Debra

  • 7 years ago

    I like your whole second set, Kate, especially the purples. I also like the color combo of New Paradigm. Not sure if I'd like it in person but is pretty in the picture. I wouldn't if it looked brown like Debra's did.

  • 7 years ago

    Lovely blooms! I really like Pointed Perfection. That chevron eye with all those ruffles really makes it special. The second set of pictures has some flowers with wonderfully rich colors.


    New Paradigm always had that faded eye here. I wasn't a fan so it has left the garden.


    Nancy


  • 7 years ago

    It must be so disappointing to have a bloom in the foliage. Thomas Tew is giving you a great show today.

  • 7 years ago

    I covet the surprise purple that came up in the middle of that purple eyed clump. I love the shape, the colors and the white edge. You definitely need to dig it out and put it in a good place.


    Debra

  • 7 years ago

    New Paradigm looks exactly like that photo. It just does not reach out and grab me in the garden. I really do just usually ignore it when I am in the garden. Brad, if you want it, you can have it!! As you can see from comments, it really hasn't performed well for most, I think. Debra, I don't think Shaman has ever rebloomed for me. It is in a shady spot behind my house, though. I can see it out my kitchen window which perfectly frames it. Maybe that is why I do like it so much. Nancy, Pointed Perfection is really quite lovely in person. It has thrown perfect blooms almost every time since it started blooming last year. And, Julia, Thomas did indeed show off today. I dug in the clump to share last year and it hasn't quite clumped back out yet, but still multiplying! It was such a good day in the garden today with lots of blooms.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Sorry, Debra, our responses just passed in the void! I cannot tell you how beautiful that surprise lily is. It most definitely was not there last year. That clump of purple has been there for years. And I almost dug it up and gave the clump away last year and would have but I could not remember which one it was after the season. Someone just wanted a purple and I told her she could have the whole clump. Thank goodness some daylily god did that or I would have missed this lily. This one has me stumped because there are no other purples ones around it-it is in a spot I would not plant my newer lilies in a forgotten, less cared for bed, (you can definitely tell that by the weeds surrounding it) and this scape is dead center in this clump. Believe me, I will indeed dig it out after it has bloomed. (It will then probably promptly die!!)

  • 7 years ago

    I must have done something to upset Houzz today, I know I posted earlier. I love your surprise lily, watermarks always attract me. Rather reminds me of Enduring Freedom, some of the blooms on mine look purple like that. I always like the markings of New Paradigm, would be so much nicer if the colors were more vivid. I have Terry Lyninger which rather remind me of this. I love the flowers and they do have a vivid color, but blooms are so short. Pointed perfection is so nice. I have to remember that "weed enhancement", rather the effect ofbaby's breath to a bouquet isn't it?

  • 7 years ago

    Pointed perfection is really pretty, and Shaman has a lovely color. Now that is funny./ I liked New paradigm well enough to replace it when I lost it due to a lousy location That surprise purple one is a real treasure. I love surprises like that, don't you? Looks as if you had a nice stroll today.

    kay

  • 7 years ago

    Nancy, I agree. If the colors on New Paradigm were indeed darker and more vivid, it would stand out more, I think because the markings are different as you say. Oh, and if my weeds did look like baby's breath!!! They actually are more like dragon's breath, I think. :) Kay, how I wish I had known you wanted to replace New Paradigm!!! You could have had this whole clump! I am glad you like it and the colors may actually look darker in your soil. And yes, that surprise lily is one I will watch. I did go tag it this afternoon so I can dig it later. I don't know what is going on in my garden-first the unusual iris and now this beautiful lily! But, since they are both so pretty, I will take them!

  • 7 years ago

    Nothing like an overcast morning to enjoy vivid colors! If Maryotts tend to bloom in the foliage in your area, one wonders where they best perform.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting