Software
Houzz Logo Print
gdinieontarioz5

The Fru and The Reeve

7 years ago

At last the first blooms here. A few days ago Fru Dagmar Hastrup opened her first buds. I don’t know what not to love: elegant, almost ethereal single blooms, fresh, healthy foliage, manageable size. The only complaint is that she doesn’t set hips for me. Does she need another rugosa close by? I have Carefree Delight on the other side of the driveway, but nothing...






Then there is The Reeve, bought because of the praise of Rideauroselad here on the forum ;-). It is its third year here, and it only struck me this spring how beautiful it is before it blooms. The branches are dark red, much more so than the pictures show. The spines are also red, almost translucent against the light, and the foliage starts dark brownish red and only slowly works towards green. I often stop to admire the bush, just about forgetting to note the progression of the buds.









As so often, the photos don’t do it justice.

Comments (9)

0