Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21921585

Roseville Noisette

7 years ago

Whenever I take pictures with the intent of posting them, I'm always reminded of why I don't do it more often:

Those roses didn't look that past their prime outdoors did they?

Did I have to catch the shovel in the background? and the broom?

They didn't look this blurry when I took them.

Yikes, these pics are huge! How much do I shrink them?

No, you can't crop out the broom or shovel without cropping out the flowers, too.


Well, anyway, here's a couple of Roseville Noisette which has several open clusters and several more on the way. My most floriferous rose so far this year.






Comments (15)

  • 7 years ago

    Thank you for posting photos. I love seeing new roses to me. We don't notice any flaws.

    User thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • 7 years ago

    What a charming flowers! Thanks for the photos.

    User thanked catspa_zone9sunset14
  • 7 years ago

    Thanks for the encouragement. The flowers always look better outside than they do indoors on my computer screen. But I only see pretty flowers in other people's pictures, so I should learn to notice only that in mine.


    Jeri, it's all your posts about Roseville Noisette that made me want this rose. Mine will take a little more filling out to catch up with yours, but it shouldn't be long since it's such a willing grower/bloomer.

  • 7 years ago

    It is that, Belle. I'm so glad you love it.

    User thanked jerijen
  • 7 years ago

    This rose is a charmer, and I'm captivated by the way the petals are arranged. I wouldn't want my Blush Noisette to get wind of this, but if I had to choose between the two I'm afraid the choice would be Roseville Noisette. Still, it's BN that everyone knows, while RN is scarcely discussed.

    User thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • 7 years ago

    Well, "Roseville Noisette" is a foundling . . . and not well-known. I'm VERY grateful that there are 3 sources for it . . . And I think that is in part because of its great qualities.

    A Stage Stop in the 1850's, and then a Railroad junction, Roseville is just the sort of place we shouldn't be surprised to find an old rose. And we're blessed that the Sacramento City Cemetery garden has preserved it. (Though, for how long . . . ?)

    It charmed me from the git-go, and I remain charmed.

    User thanked jerijen
  • 7 years ago

    How I love this rose, yet never purchased it. It’s truly beautiful and it calls to me every time I see it. Both of your pictures are beautiful! Maybe someday........ Lisa

    User thanked Lisa Adams
  • 7 years ago

    Roseville is ideal for someone who wants to grow a Blush Noisette style Noisette, but doesn't have the space for the big one. Roseville is dwarf, but it's flowers are standard sized. So like Jeri's picture shows, you get this small mound of green covered with BN style flowers.


    It's also pretty shade tolerant. Mine only gets about 3 hours tops of afternoon sun, but blooms and blooms.

  • 7 years ago

    I actually think it likes a little shade. Mine got blasted by 90+ late-afternoon sun yesterday, and every bloom fried. My Setzer Noisette, which one would think gets too much shade, is very happy.

    User thanked jerijen
  • 7 years ago

    Beautiful, Jeri! We just hit 100 degrees here.

    User thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • 7 years ago

    Well-said, Comtesse! Thank you!! :-)

    User thanked Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
  • 7 years ago

    Oh, Comtesse, you all put it in such wonderful, real-life perspective. The detritus of living is all around us, and the garden has additional challenges from the weather and insect and animal occupants. It ain't always pretty, and the cropping mechanism on my laptop is one of my closest friends.

    User thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • 7 years ago

    Ingrid -- Yea, verily . . .

    User thanked jerijen
0