Software
Houzz Logo Print
englishlies2000

This is for all you Rosarians !!!

I been watching tons of video on roses. I truly enjoy how each person has a personal touch, what makes it so interesting, the colours they used, coordination and combinations of colours. The vibe is incredible and those who have beautiful garden...I totally envy you !!
You might have seen this or that but if you want to post some videos....pls do.
Marlorena, you have post so many videos and I was thinking of sharing some with you. It makes me smile . Daisy, I never forgot about a video that you showed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ep--DPD8ZA&ved=0ahUKEwj6j_fi99_iAhUKhOAKHZmoB1YQo7QBCDYwBw&usg=AOvVaw1XkfrC8ezTI-JtQ_7squQc

I hope this works.

enjoy !! I will try to post another later that is all climbers.

jin

Comments (26)

  • 7 years ago

    Second video is all climbers....wish I can ID them...

    https://youtu.be/kvQ7jnQbMMA

    Enjoy again !!

    Anyone has any videos pls share :)

    jin

  • 7 years ago

    Jin, that was a real treat. Thank you for posting the link. It is definitely a rose garden, but there are hundreds of perennials, mostly delphiniums. Just so beautiful, and another example of how roses all seem to blend, no matter the color. I don't put white and red together in my garden, but I love the way it looks in this video. Maybe we stress too much about that. I hope this gardener has help when it's time to prune. I haven't looked at the second link of climbers yet.

  • 7 years ago

    Both are very beautiful, thank you for posting the links,

  • 7 years ago

    Wow, Jin, what beautiful gardens! Thanks for sharing. :-)

  • 7 years ago

    Since that's what I'm doing these days that was my first thought Ingrid! Deadheading New Dawn is a full-time job right now! :-)

  • 7 years ago

    I wonder where in Japan the garden was located? When I lived in Nagasaki it was very hot and humid. I don't think so many roses and delphiniums would have been happy there. I must watch again. I need more overhead structures and I want a primitive gazebo or pavilion! Thanks Jin!

  • 7 years ago

    I'm green ikayet! It's my dream to visit Japan and I can only imagine living there. I love the juxtaposition of the English aesthetic and the Japanese.

  • 7 years ago

    All the Japanese gardens on Instagram are unbelievable. It appears they can grow anything, especially the English roses, and grow them to perfection. Plus, there are many Japanese bred roses that we don't have here, most of which are very full and ruffled.

  • 7 years ago

    Flowersaremusic , I see a lot of prennials, clematis, foxgloves , delphiniums and others I am still figuring it out. I see English roses too but wish I can ID them. I am sure she has Japanese roses which I hope Heirloom might get it. Cross fingers :)

    Sara-Ann and Perma, I have watching this video almost over a week. So far this is the best one. Isn't it beautiful !! You guys are welcome :)

    Vap and Ingrid , that is my question too but I am sure there must be a way or solution to deadheading so many roses. I ask Lisa many times about hers for Mel's heritage...lol. Some of us love to be in our yards all day :)

    Ikaye, I am with you. I was counting how many arbours, trellis and structures she has. I love how she put them nearby. That is what I was studying on video too. The blend of colours too.
    I would love to go back to Japan again. This time I will go to their rose gardens for sure.

    jin

  • 7 years ago

    I hate Houzz, I can't Thank You guys but apparently I have to sign up again on computer and since I change so many passwords and can't remember. I really don't want to mess with it again .
    jin

  • 7 years ago

    Sorry Houzz is being uncooperative!

    I was thinking, if every single one of my roses does well here, that’s what I’m going to end up with. I’m going to have to retire from teaching so I can stay home and prune and deadhead everything.

    Now that my planting is shaping up, my DH is able to see it. He said to me the other day, “so, basically, we just have all these winding paths that go round and round all the Rose beds?” Yep—that’s pretty much it. If mine turns out half as gorgeous as the ones in your videos, I’ll be thrilled. :-)

  • 7 years ago

    Perma, I was smiling Bec I was thinking of a maze. I am also planting here and there and seeing a pattern. I am to a point that I don't group them in colours anymore just where to plant them. I think they look great just need more colours now to blend them properly . I think now I understand Marlorena more when she told me she just plant them where there is space. I am bad when it comes to sizes of bush. When they get mature...I will see the planting errors but for right now I am find since it is only for my personal space.

    My brother went home today back to OH. He actually recognized a climber that I have been pulling for years which was actually a vegetable on my fence...bitterguard. He looks at the leaves and flowers and got double confirmation from his wife. I was advised to fertilize it so the bitterguard will grow bigger.
    This weekend I am still going to pulled it out . I don't eat bitterguard. I hope I spell that correctly.

    jin

  • 7 years ago

    Well, I am okay with that plan Bec I am counting down to my retirement...lol
    jin

  • 7 years ago

    PnP, I'm cackling with over that conversation!

  • 7 years ago

    PnP...that is Perma and Plumeria or is it other way around, Vap ? You are definitely cracking me up....lol

    jin

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Jin, it does look like she has a little bit (or a lot) of everything. All types of perennials, from ground covers to tall ones and every color rose you can think of. And, it all works. I also noticed she has a lot of small trees in the garden. I think that's what mine needs - some height. I have all these tall pines, but I don't even see them anymore. They're not pretty and don't add anything to the garden like a small dogwood or redbud would.

    Perma and Plumeria, I also have winding paths basically going in circles around the garden. I wish I'd had a plan, but I never intended for it to get this big, and now, it's too much to change. I rather like it, but I'm sure a real landscaper would call it a mess.

  • 7 years ago

    Flowers, you do have a beautiful place in WA. Mrs. Gouda ( spelling ) has a tree that has pink tints to it but it takes a long time to grow any trees.
    I would be so happy to get s rose tree next. I don't have any but all in background beyond the fence mostly oaks.
    I will happy if I can grow 1/4 of the way it looks. Some foliage that differs and add a touch like tall grasses here I see at my work place but they do take up space so I am looking at others . I can't think of the names but they are very colourful leaves.
    Anyways...here is another video but this time it has names of roses...modern like tantau, Meiland, Kordes and others .Some I recognized some I don't...a rose is a rose :) I love the tantau roses, they are huge size if a hand and wish I know which variety grows in FL !!

    https://youtu.be/X7QWv57U5NE

    jin

  • 7 years ago

    They are huge ..size of a hand *** ( edited)
    jin

  • 7 years ago

    Some very beautiful roses—-what a lovely park! I really like the ones they bred there. Thanks for sharing! :-)

  • 7 years ago

    Thanks for all the video links Jin! My favorite is the second one with all the climbers. So beautiful! I love Japanese Gardens and it looks so pretty with roses and touches of stuff like Japanese Maples or pagoda style structures etc. I want to eventually do a japanese garden and put my koi in a bigger pond there when they grow larger. I have been gathering plants and trees I think would look ok in it.

  • 7 years ago

    Thanks, Jin, for all this inspiration. I have renewed enthusiasm to get back outside and pull more weeds. The weeds are killing me this year.

    Sultry, your plan for your koi pond sounds wonderful. Japanese inspired gardens are always peaceful.

  • 7 years ago

    Jin, thanks for the videos... quite astonishing.. it sort of makes one feel a bit inadequate seeing those.. such perfection... I liked both but also preferred the 2nd one which seemed to be a concoction from various gardens, I'm not sure quite where.. loved the music too..

    Incidentally, on the 2nd video, at 1:12 the pink rose climbing skywards on what appears to be a tall obelisk, is I think 'Royal Jubilee'... I always suspected it was capable of those proportions... and at 4:28 the pink rose looks very much like 'Armada', one that I have here.. a Harkness rose... I can't see any difference looking at it..


  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Just to add, I don't have any videos to recommend but I wonder if members might be interested to take a look at Michael Marriott's Instagram page... he is the senior rosarian at David Austin's, but it's not all about those.. he travels a lot doing lectures and takes lots of pictures... earlier this year he went to Bermuda so there are photos of Tea roses from there.. he also went to China.. visited a garden with 1.4 million roses, and they grow tree standards on R. banksiae normalis.. they look amazing..

    Lots of pictures further down of specie roses, the Austin greenhouse where new varieties are selected... I find it really interesting... one of his latest pics is from Haddon Hall, where generations of the same family have lived for 900 years.. on the ceiling are painted or engraved pictures of roses, and it's where the legal term ''sub rosa'' apparently came from..

    Anyone can view it, you don't have to be a member, just notice the small arrows on the right within each picture, to view more, sometimes there are several photos within a photo...


    Instagram

  • 7 years ago

    Marlorena, I don't know why I never check Instagram. I do read a lot about Michael Marriott. I will he definitely checking those out.
    Climbing videos- (2nd video)

    1.34. I love the white roses. No idea what they are ?
    3.12. I love that pic so, so much. All pink roses gave a huge definition to that stairways. It looks so mysterious, romantic, secretive, magical effects. Even the lamppost remind me of a movie call The Chronicles of Narnia : The lion, the witch and the wardrobe.

    4.22 The climber looks so beautiful . with so many blooms that I can't even see the leaves. It has a mirror reflects as if the whole ground is cover with petals. The whole pic is beautiful.

    Overall, I did think about Armada, Aden look alike roses. Some look so English too.

    There is a link like an arrow upwards drop the details above report. You will see a short link tells you only about the
    song - Golha
    artist Farid Farjad
    album Anrouzha vol 5.

    I know this person who put the album up when to many places. I see mountains, lakes, ocean waters, ....where I have no idea.

    jin

  • 7 years ago

    Perma, Flowers and Jasmin, you guys are welcome.
    Sorry, Flowers you have to do weeds. I just finished mine a few weeks ago. It's been raining daily and I have be on top of it so far.
    I was merely sharing videos that inspire me and I think they are beautiful so why not on forum sharing. I remembered watching hours if videos that Marlorena paste. one was like something 8 hours...on going videos. I still think that is one of the best I have ever seen. I learned so.much as a beginner.
    So, thank you :)
    jin