Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
simplechoices

Paint colors for siding and garage?

simplechoices
4 years ago

Hi All! This is my house. When we moved in we had to replace all the original windows because they had experienced "complete window failure" as they were 40 years old. We went with "Windswept Smoke" which is a brown-grey maybe a hint of green.

The original aluminum siding on the house has oxidized to a pale yellow. I hate it but I can't replace it at this time. I also have this orange brick to live with.

I want to paint the front siding above the garage, and the garage door, before deciding on a front door color. I can paint the siding any color, as it is aluminum, but the garage is vinyl, so am limited to vinyl safe colors (ones that don't have black in it, as that warps vinyl).

I have found that Sherwin Williams SWVS 374 Gray Fleece, is very close to the grout color of the brick and that SWVS 390 Box of Nails is very close to the color of the windows. (Windswept smoke has black in the color match so its a no-go for the vinyl.

What color should I paint the siding and the garage door? All suggestions are appreciated!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio