Software
Houzz Logo Print
mamadada

The before was much prettier.

7 years ago
Refaced Cabinets Give a Dated Kitchen a Facelift · More Info

Comments (22)

  • 7 years ago

    Can you show the before kitchen?

  • 7 years ago

    What type of flooring is used?

  • 5 years ago

    Don’t care for the mixing of two types of cabinets. The honey oak looks more inviting, but that is only my opinion.

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    This is the ugliest house ever
    We live nearby it’s an absolute eyesore out of keeping with the cottages and out of keeping with the mid century modern styles that somehow work
    It’s really awful

  • 5 years ago

    You don’t need to insult the owners of this property. A reputable construction company would be more professional.

  • 4 years ago

    Same like the before better. Do not like painted wood and all cheap plastic look of after.

  • 4 years ago

    Ruined it.

  • 4 years ago

    Chilly redo. Counter tops like blinding snow. I like the warm cabinets.

  • 4 years ago

    Everyone has their own style but I think it looks worse :(

  • 4 years ago

    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, folks. Your redo might look very different but would hopefully be what you want. If the owners like this look, then so be it. The old kitchen looked dated and enclosed.

  • PRO
    4 years ago

    I agree! Replacing warm real wood with cold white plastic. It's a trend that I think is a great pity.

  • 4 years ago

    Oh, so sorry I hope they don’t regret this!!

  • 4 years ago

    I think it’s looks great! Brightened the space and now appears modern. Well done!

  • 4 years ago

    If they love it…it’s beautiful!

  • 3 years ago

    I don’t see what’s dated about the before photo?

  • 3 years ago

    Good gawd, by the negative comments I see we’re hanging out with some old folks

  • 2 years ago

    I just think replacing granite countertops that are beautiful just because designers proclaim them dated is wrong. They are still lovely. Vintage. Look at the cost! Incredible the waste. Designers gain from it. Don't be sheep, homeowners

  • 2 years ago

    I love it! The new look is far better. Great job!

  • 2 years ago

    Looks great and don’t like the corner sink in the before remodel is awesome

  • 2 years ago

    It’s stupid to replace the beautiful solid wood cabinets with the cheap white melamine cabinets. If you don’t like the granite countertop, you could replace it with the quartz countertop, for a lot less money. Personally, I think the old granite countertop is just fine for this kitchen.

  • last year

    covering up that granite is criminal