phillip_hartman15

Bathroom Layout Help!

Phillip Hartman

My fiancée and I are trying to remodel a bathroom, but currently it’s tiny! It’s 6 feet by 8 feet. We think we might be able to make it 8x8. Our current layout is as shown on the image. We really don’t like the doors swinging inward. Does anyone have any ideas on how to maximize the space we have, and possibly fix the doors swinging inward?

• Bri Bosh

Where is the sink?

• Phillip Hartman

The sink is where the big X is

• rinq

Could you post a floorplan with adjecent rooms please?

• Phillip Hartman

I’ll actually draft up a full floor plan and post it eventually. I don’t have it at the moment, I’ll reply with that when I have it! For now, here’s a very poor one that I made. The bathroom is on the bottom, the second to the right room.

RappArchitecture

Pocket doors would solve the problem of the door swings, but they don't provide as much privacy as swinging doors. It's unclear what that little room next to the bath is in the bottom plan, but if you incorporate it into the bath there might be opportunities to swing the doors into the bath. You definitely don't want to swing the doors into the bedrooms as drawn in your plan.

• tangerinedoor

Use a barn door or pocket door. Swinging doors take up too much bathroom space.