Software
Houzz Logo Print
deb_s49

Wall dilemma- what to do w wall btwn fam room and enclosed porch

7 years ago

I am meeting with my architect in 3 weeks but would love to get some ideas from this forum to share w him. I have purchased this rental property. The former owner enclosed the porch which adjoins the fam room but left the wall essentially intact-- makes sense since its a structural wall. I really do not want two glass windows on the wall as I see it as a potential problem (old windows difficult to open/close- worried someone will try to use and break them). I am thinking about widening the space and removing the windows if not crazy expensive - OR thinking about removing the windows and creating a pass through maybe a bar area for one window and enclosing the wall where the TV is and providing a wall mount on an extension arm for the TV? Any other suggestions please.