Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
needmorerose_va_zone8

Are these Cream Veranda roses ???

Are these Cream Veranda???

Comments (25)

• rifis (zone 6b-7a NJ)
    4 years ago

I’ll go out in the back to look at mine tomorrow, lightning permitting.

Foliage looks healthy; is there some spray residue on it? Here, fungicide not needed. Can’t comment on bud. Foliage on my budded (multiflora) CV is darker than that in photos - bordering on blue green. It rivals Kosmos for beauty of foliage. Blush in bloom (in photo) looks a bit different than what I’ve seen here. May be an illusion, as bloom in photo has way fewer petals than on CV blooms here. Is there evidence of petal drop?

Where are they located?

needmorerose_va_zone8 thanked rifis (zone 6b-7a NJ)
  • Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
    4 years ago

My guess is that it is correct. You will know when more buds open. The color of the opening flowers in the last photo is the right shade. While I have never had Cream Veranda throw singles. I have had Floral Fairy Tale do that when they were new. Roses Unlimited refunded my money on the plants after seeing the photos. I gave the money back when later that year they bloomed in the correct form.

needmorerose_va_zone8 thanked Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

The only thing that I just noticed are the leaf sets. Yours has many sets of seven. My three CV’s have none. My FFT’s have many leafs of seven. However there have been some differences CV over the years. When I first purchased CV she was called Cream Flower Circus and was thornless. I hope you will show some of the flowers when the weather cools a bit. Shall be interesting to see how they turn out.

• R pnwz8a
    4 years ago

My CV has no sets of seven leaves. But mine is still a baby plant And is own root. Buds are more rounded than ur CVs though.

needmorerose_va_zone8 thanked R pnwz8a
  • rifis (zone 6b-7a NJ)
    4 years ago

Good point Patty. When I first saw the photos I thought I saw 1 with 7 leaflets, then decided it was superimposition mimicking 7 leaflets.

But when you posted “ many sets of 7”, I looked again. You are right. At least one clearly w/7. I’ve never seen 7 on my two.

• oursteelers 8B PNW
    4 years ago

The blooms on my Cream Veranda are much fuller. Don‘t know if that helps or not.

needmorerose_va_zone8 thanked oursteelers 8B PNW
  • needmorerose_va_zone8
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you everyone for your input and photos. They are grafted new roses purchased this spring and had about a dozen blooms so far. Blooms have always been semi-double to double, never full, apricot color fades to bone color. They had powdery mildew earlier that’s why the spray. Here are some more photos of the blooms.

4 years ago

I’m pretty sure that I know what that rose is. I had one identical to it. Since my recall is so poor I need to wait until morning to go threw my papers. Does the flower lose the pretty dark color very quickly. Either way it is not Cream Veranda.

• needmorerose_va_zone8
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Patty, the blooms do fade very quickly, usually within a day.

• needmorerose_va_zone8
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Rifis, they are located in a full sun area. The blooms don’t seem to drop petals easily but rather fade and wilt on the plant.

• R pnwz8a
    4 years ago

Zzg .. ur cream veranda is really healthy and pretty

• Lisa Adams
    4 years ago

I don’t think it’s Cream Veranda, either. Neither of mine ever started out so orange, and I never could see the stamens like yours shows. Mine were ownroot, and in full sun all day. Yours looks like a healthy, happy rose, either way. Lisa

needmorerose_va_zone8 thanked Lisa Adams
  • Lisa Adams
    4 years ago

Oldrosarian, what stunning pictures of Cream Veranda. They’re incredibly beautiful. Lisa

needmorerose_va_zone8 thanked Lisa Adams
  • Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    4 years ago

Mine has leafs of 5 and they are plentiful scrunched together much like a miniature rose.

And it is fully double starting out a very pretty peachy color and fading to white in the heat.

My particular Plant has had issues from day one. it's had spider mites and powdery mildew. Last year it put out about four blooms total . I was going to give it one more year to prove its worth and this year it's finally looking healthier and blooming lots and lots of flowers it may get to stay after all.

needmorerose_va_zone8 thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    4 years ago

That’s one trait for Cream Veranda depending on the weather she shows different color. Mine have always been consistent. In spring they are light apricot. In summer they tend to show a little apricot in bud but mostly cream in open flower. In the fall it is light pink.

Does anyone hear have Summer Sun. If so are any of the leaf sets seven leaves. Don’t everyone yell at me here. Remember that most of those pics of SS are from latitudes farther north than ours. In this type of flower that can make a big difference in the color.

I got my first Summer Sun when it was still called Sommersonne. It was never those pretty colors that you see on-line. The color was gone by the end of the day and the ugly flowers usually didn’t fall off. Got rid of the poor thing. Then a few years back as Kordes roses became popular. I got it again as Summer Sun. Both were grafted on multiflora the second one was as ugly as the first. Dug it up before the end of the year.

This is likely not what you have it isure reminds me of Summer Sun.

• needmorerose_va_zone8
    Original Author
    4 years ago

R, the two plants are very healthy, when others had bs, their foliage remained clean. They stayed compact too. Really really hate to dig out healthy plants.

• R pnwz8a
    4 years ago

Old rosarian, why does ur CV looks so full and has a different shade of pink while all others are shades of apricot ?

and now that I have paid attention:), my CV looks nothing on the kordes website. Why is mine and zzg’s so different? Or is it not even CV?

• oursteelers 8B PNW
    4 years ago

Mine have been extremely variable as well but none have ever leaned toward a single

• rifis (zone 6b-7a NJ)
    4 years ago

So (therefore) (attention, millennials), the answer to query posed in the title is “no”.

Anybody disagree with this?

4 years ago

All of my Cream Verandas will show pink in cooler weather. The flowers are very thick with petals.

4 years ago

No disagreement

• oursteelers 8B PNW
    4 years ago

An example of the different looks:

• R pnwz8a
    4 years ago

it changed in 18 hrs ..

So much like Cream veranda.. lol..

• oldrosarian
    4 years ago

Cream veranda SHOULD be a cream colour with a peach centre. Then the centre fades to a soft pink. Mine came from Kordes in Germany via Palatine. So I have to believe it is bang on. But I don't garden in Northern Germanyonly in the PNW. Perhaps that is the answer. I must say that the ones I have planted in the back garden semi shade are more accurate in colour.

needmorerose_va_zone8 thanked oldrosarian