Software
Houzz Logo Print
mbdougherty

14 years ago
What material is the white countertop? Marble? If so, does it stain and scratch easily?
View of kitchen work area · More Info

Comments (6)

  • 14 years ago
    looks like honed danby marble from Vermont. harder than usual for marble and local too, for those who want to decrease their carbon foot print!
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    It could also be a Calacatta from Italy...
  • 14 years ago
    culcutta from India
  • 9 years ago
    I can't believe all these people are putting marble in their kitchens!! They etch and stain SO easy. Any kind of citrus, vinegar, oils, or sauces, especially tomatoes sauces and there is NO way to get rid of it except a once a year very expensive process of sort of grinding it out. It does NOT matter if marble is sealed, IT STILL STAINS!!! My fabricator made it Very clear to me that he wouldn't use it and gave me a printed brochure on all the hazards if I chose it.
  • 3 years ago

    I agonized over using marble because of etching. Not for the feint of heart. I chose calacatta gold and I LOVE IT! But it has etched, for sure!! I have lots of small places. Over time, they will all blend together. You can’t get this look with quartz. But there IS beautiful quartz out there .