Software
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_marie83

HOLY RAIN!!!!!!

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Out of the blue, worst storm I have seen in Years, 4 inches of Rain my Gauge is saying and it's still raining Hard all within 45 mins that is how hard it came down...unreal..., and tomorrow too....my Garage is flooded out :x Unreal, my poor flowers and basil plant are a mess ...so Annoyed! Lol

Comments (17)

  • 7 years ago

    Thanks for the heads up. We'll be getting it in NJ tonight.

  • 7 years ago

    Daniel, I put down my Fertilizer 1/2 rate and ringer spoon feeding also to push out some dollar spot, perfect timing as it's going to rain AGAIN today all day on and off and all week 70's and highest 80

  • 7 years ago

    If you get another 4 inches it could wash out the fertilizer, I think.

  • 7 years ago

    we aren't supposed to get much, there was already a nice soaking rain that got it all in the soil, that was what I wanted! Now sunny all week and perfect weather the highest is 80 all week, except for next weekend and not bad 86 ..

  • 7 years ago

    Supposed to start here around 4pm......

  • 7 years ago

    There were so many flash floods around here, my gauge said 4 1/2 in an hour, never saw it rain that hard in my life , what a mess!

  • 7 years ago

    Nobody says where they are in the rain. ????

    Definitely NOT been a drought year for most anywhere in the USA, except maybe the Pacific Northwest, and parts of Florida (I think).

    I am in NJ (Zone 7) and YES, soil moisture has been excessive since Winter (along with dew points that make it very unpleasant to be outside and do ANY kind of yard work. The weeds are on steroids, and at this point it's like weeding in a jungle..., why bother?! Currently, under a flood watch here for the afternoon and evening. Funny you mentioned about fertilizing, I feel the same way..., why bother if the rains are coming to wash them away. Should have a few nice days in the mid 80's then humidity builds right back in with temps around 90. Basil is a tropical so should bounce back, but LOTS of Mediterranean herbs (lavender, rosemary, etc..) HATE HATE this weather..., too HUMID, too WET, too LONG.

  • 7 years ago

    Hi I am in Pittsburgh, PA and I chose to fertilize today because I knew we'd get about another inch of rain and my lawn is super thick, so pretty sure they won't be run off, but it's done now... I am happy it got watered in rather than be nervous it not getting watered in in the mid summer even though temps will be amazing all week 77 tomorrow and wed and 80 all week and full sun...I think I chose the perfect time frame ( fingers crossed ) ;x

  • 7 years ago

    1.6" currently on the gauge, but it hasn't caught up yet (the rain bucket from the last hour hasn't gone into the day bucket yet). It was torrential while I was driving home.

    We're already at half again July's rainfall and haven't counted today's yet.

    And today ain't over and there's another round coming in.

  • 7 years ago

    Same here with the sunny constant days! my lawn is showing signs of dollar spot more and more but I know it doesn't do damage and abates when Fall comes, but I threw the book at this crap and I can't help mother nature with the rain so...it is what it is at this point! ;) Hope everyone is enjoying the last few weeks of summer, August is usually cooler towards the middle , Fall can't come soon enough to be honest

  • 7 years ago

    Fall (September/October): beautiful days, nice cool nights, NFL football, still grilling, firepit, full days of school, weeds dying, lawn coming back to life, reseeding, .....my favorite time of year.

  • 7 years ago

    November: leaf clean up= sucks.

  • 7 years ago

    I like now. I'm kind of a lizard. I curl up and soak in heat.


    Seriously, I wore a long-sleeved blue shirt today with black pants. My office is air-conditioned, but if I put on the ol' hard hat and head down to the shop floor, it's 95 to 105 degrees.


    I'm fine for extended periods.


    But in January, I'm kind of in torpor for the entire month. Which seriously interferes with my plans to take over the world.

  • 7 years ago

    I am def a winter girl, I am originally from New England ;) yes Love my Patriot's NO hating ;) and my lawn is not doing well...I am OVER IT! till Fall Lol not worth it, mother nature is Bi polar and she isn't very nice ha ha hahaha

  • 7 years ago

    I was in the lawn this morning the heat and humidity today is unbearable.....weeds everywhere, flies, mosquitos, ughhh....

  • 7 years ago

    Yeah this time of the year is ugly, fungus, heat stress, bugs, not cute!!!!! Bring on FALL <3 like you said Football, Bonfires, pumpkin patches, my fav time of the year!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations