Software
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

OT -- Even more Houzz weirdness ...

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

On the Texas forum I noticed just today that the most recent comment is appearing just under the original post. The problem with this is on a long thread when someone comments on the comment directly above it throws the whole thing out of context making it very confusing to read. I came over to the Antique Rose Forum to see if it's happening here too and it is. How long has this been going on? Is this supposed to be an improvement? I can only hope it's a glitch that will be fixed.

Comments (18)

  • 7 years ago

    This is really crazy and the most confusing thing thats happened here yet lol...round and round it goes, where the post lands nobody knows...I feel like its The Twilight Zone around here lol.

    roselee z8b S.W. Texas thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • 7 years ago

    Maybe scrolling to the bottom and reading up will cause us to see more advertisements. But come on ... we've lost enough people already because of Houzz changes. This will not help.

  • 7 years ago

    Now it seems to have switched back to having the most recent comment appear at the bottom where it belongs, IMHO. So am hoping it was in fact a glitch and it will stay 'corrected'.

  • 7 years ago

    I started noticing that just today. Very confusing and frustrating. HOUZZZZZZZZ!

    roselee z8b S.W. Texas thanked shebabee
  • 7 years ago

    I've just noticed on the roses that don't float your boat thread, that so many posts are now out of sequence... the latest posts on that thread seem to be somewhere in the middle of it...

    roselee z8b S.W. Texas thanked User
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    It keeps changing back and forth for me. One minute the comments will be out of sequence and a minute later they will be back to normal with the most recent comment last.

  • 7 years ago

    I don't understand why they keep changing things.

    This used to be so simple. They have determinedly made the whole thing difficult.

  • 7 years ago

    Apparently I was scrolling yesterday when it was applied and took a few refreshes/scrolls for the new order to become clear. I kept running into things I had already scrolled past as they were being moved to the bottom of the discussion. Had hoped it was a temporary configuration glitch... oh, &^%$*@+#.

    roselee z8b S.W. Texas thanked bostedo: 8a tx-bp-dfw
  • 7 years ago

    It's enough to make you DIZZY!

  • 7 years ago

    I noticed this yesterday evening on the succulent forum. It is still that way for me. Some people say that if you logged on the gardenWebforum it read from recent to last and if you are on HOUZZ, it is last to recent. Christ I have no idea with forum I am on , I just come here and it has always been recent to last and now it is last to recent. Personally, I think they are trying to kill us off.

    roselee z8b S.W. Texas thanked wantonamara Z8 CenTex
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    For me logging on with my old GW link on AOL Favorites takes me to the sane and sensible sequence of more recent comments last.

    If I log on from the emails that Houzz sends when someone comments on your post I now get the upside down version along with boxes of 'Related Discussions' in the middle that don't seem related at all to me.

    I can look up at the https://www box and know which version I will encounter. I never paid any attention to that before.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Now it won't let me vote with thumps up. That's strange too!


    edit, now it's working!

    roselee z8b S.W. Texas thanked memetexas
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    On the other hand, at least Houzz has allowed our little communities of old friends to stay together and for that we can be grateful.

  • 7 years ago

    I am beginning to feel like I am in a pot of boiling frogs wondering will I jump before I die.

  • 7 years ago

    Why did they do away with the linked page numbers? Do they really think it's an improvement to make us scroll, scroll, scroll all the way to freaking China in order to follow a discussion??!

  • 7 years ago

    For me this morning whether I logged on with Houzz or Garden Web all the comments are in sequence with the latest last and there are no boxes with "Related Discussions" in the middle.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Yes, in addition to the random nature of whether it will let me post photos direct from my PC or not, I have noticed the other issues of comments out of logical sequence. Very confusing. As a dear friend always says: It is what it is. But the unexpected nature of the glitches and random, daily quirks sure don't make posting or reading "easy". I read and post on a UK gardening forum and on Reddit Gardening forums and rarely have such glitches occurred there, so it's definitely a software issue here.

    roselee z8b S.W. Texas thanked buttoni_8b