Software
Houzz Logo Print
adkrusko

Blanco sink to go with Alabaster cabinets and Taj Mahal countertop?

7 years ago

I love the Blanco Silgranite sink, but can't decide which color- White or Biscuit wil look the best with my Taj Mahal countertop?? I'm worried that the biscuit will be too yellowish, and the white will be too stark. Recommendations?? Help!

Comments (16)

  • 7 years ago

    white. white sinks are always in style. or do one of the gray colors. what color are the cabinets? even if they're wood, the white sink will still look fine

  • 7 years ago

    My cabinets are Alabaster ( not white, more of an off white).

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    you could see if they have a soft white color, but I think the Biscuit is too yellowish. Alabaster tends to look more white than beige. White sinks are always in, and always work with everything. Up to you, if you think the biscuit would work better.

    it looks nice here w/the dark bronze faucet and the almond toned granite


    and here is the biscuit w/a cooler granite like alaska White. to me, it looks dull when it's next to any white


    here's the white one in the Diamond.


    but Taj is cooler toned. have you thought about Anthracite (this is the Diamond Blanco. so pretty)


    or Truffle



    adkrusko thanked Beth H. :
  • 7 years ago

    I would do stainless in this case.

    adkrusko thanked eld6161
  • 6 years ago

    Not sure if you already purchased, but I have Perla Venata counters (a cousin to Taj) and alabaster cabs and I went with the Truffle. Looks awesome

  • 6 years ago

    Kristine-what metal type faucet did you go with next to the truffle sink? Still happy with your sink choice?


  • 6 years ago

    Thank you Kristine!

  • 5 years ago

    I'm researching sinks now and up until now, I thought I'd go with undermount stainless with my Perla Venata counters (as Kristine noted above, very similar to Taj). Just discovered the Blanco sinks online and am wondering about their quality - are they better than stainless steel and if so, why? If I get a white one (we are getting stark white cabinets and polished chrome faucets and hardware), will it stain?


  • 5 years ago

    Hi Iris, I don't know if I would say the quality is better with a Blanco than stainless, for me it was more of a personal preference. My sink is in front of a large bay window with the sun shining in so I did not want the glare. Plus I just liked the look of a Blanco better. Mine hasn't stained, however it is a darker color sink. I will say it gets VERY dirty. Coffee, wine, etc does not just rinse off like it does with stainless- you have to clean it with a scotch brite and cleanser / soap. Getting a white one, I would think you would need to clean it conststantly, and I would have concern it may stain but I can't claim it would for sure since I don't have white. Having a Blanco sink now though, and seeing food stains and grease don't just rinse away, I would not get a white one personally. Maybe someone with a white Blanco can speak better to it. Hope this helps, and good luck!

  • 5 years ago

    This does help - a lot! thank you.

  • 5 years ago

    I love your kitchen! Mine will look very similar I hope soon. Can you recall which brand sink you got? Also, do you always need to keep the silver racks inside?


  • 5 years ago

    Hi Iris, I bought a Kraus workstation sink from Costco that also came with the faucet. I don't see the exact one I bought on there anymore (comes with the acacia cutting board and strainer) but there is a very similar one they have now on sale! https://www.costco.com/kraus-workstation-undermount-single-bowl-stainless-steel-kitchen-sink-combo.product.100687896.html. I have only had it for about a week as our kitchen is still unfinished but I do keep the rack at the bottom all the time so that dishes/sponge aren't sitting on the bottom. It is super easy to just flip up real quick to wipe down the bottom.

  • 4 years ago

    adkrusko

    What did you end up going with? I'd love to see pictures!! We are likely going with a stainless sink but also installing Taj Mahal and leaning towards Alabaster for our cabinets.

  • 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

    I think I might go w the grey option (metallic grey) from Blanco. The darkest grey looked too black. White looked too stark in person. It has a similar visual color tone as stainless and I’ve seen a pic w it and Taj and looked nice.