My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
That depends on how you define "shrub". There is a very old Lamarque in my next door neighbor's garden which is unsupported and free standing. It is also about 12-13 feet high, and as wide. It gets very little care, no pruning, and is very happy and beautiful.
Oh, boy.... from what I have seen of this monster in California, I wouldn't want to try it. I guess if your location/climate "intimidated" it into remaining smaller without killing it, that might be something to explore. Otherwise, get ready to have to whack the daylights out of it weekly. I wish Kippy were posting here now, You could see how her own root Atmore Lamarque is growing in her dry Santa Barbara garden (read, exploding in all directions at once). This is the Spreckels Lamarque in Aptos, what remains of the gardens where the Spreckels mansion once stood. It has taken to the trees....
I am on my third season with Lamarque and out of approx 250 different varieties of rose, this is the most vigorous in my garden. It puts out about 10-15 huge 20 foot canes EACH season, all season long! These are very lax and want to lay on the ground or on neighboring roses. I'm sure that if I left it unpruned, it would eventually form more of a woody structure and begin to support itself, but I think it would be absolutely huge...a real monster of a rose!
Sadly for me, I don't seem to be getting very many flowers. That may be in part due to the severe prunings I have to give it to keep it in its allotted space. It may be a rose I have to remove from my garden, or move to a spot where it can take over the area.
jacqueline9CA
roseseek
Related Professionals
Sarasota Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Hagerstown Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Charlottesville Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · San Bernardino Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Bainbridge Landscape Contractors · Baltimore Landscape Contractors · Asheville Landscape Contractors · New Haven Landscape Contractors · Paducah Home Builders · Waycross Home Builders · Chattanooga Home Builders · Laredo Home Builders · Parkersburg Home Builders · Merced Home Builders · York Home BuildersUserOriginal Author
jerijen
Rosylady (PNW zone 8)