Software
Houzz Logo Print
kingzt05

Using Tenacity for reseeding project

7 years ago

What’s the best way to apply tenacity after reseeding? I might of not used it correctly last time. I just reseed an area of my lawn yesterday and plan to use tenacity today. Should I of sprayed directly on the seed under the peat moss I used or should I spray it on top? Also how effective is tenacity when the area is being irrigated to stay moist?

Comments (8)

  • 7 years ago

    drop, roll, tenacity and top dress. That would be my order.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    ? on tenacity . I've used it when overseeding and wanting to have a pre-m. We're saying it's safe before or after post germin, but it will affect young/new seedlings ? What effects if we shoot to put down another spray of tenacity 30 days out, and no green heads has poked through as stout. wait til 2nd mow ?



  • 7 years ago

    Man, this post got me re-reading the label on the bottle. I overseeded some bare spots in the lawn this spring. Well watered, it was pretty lush and green. The summer came and the larger areas went pfft. I attributed it to the heat and the fact that I knew fall overseeding was better (but I had to give it a shot anyhow to get all green). Maybe I re-applied tenacity too early on the 2nd round !

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Spring seedings are always tough come summer. It's not the Tenacity. I spray Tenacity at seeding and once a week thereafter. 4oz/A rate. KBG and TTTF do fine. Unfortunately, I still get poa triv. Usually need to round that up in early spring. Who knows though, maybe there's less of it.

  • 7 years ago

    When do spot seeding and not overseeding, would it be safe to use tenacity 3 feet out from each spot as a fall Pre-M, and then for the rest, use my usual Dimension ?


    I'm trying to not kill the new reseeded spots again, after this springs attempt, so maybe I'll just play it safe and stick with tenacity for the whole ?

  • 7 years ago

    In older threads, the summary seems to suggest Tenacity may potentially kill off new KBG, but more likely it will just stunt it (whether the blade has emerged or not)

  • 7 years ago

    I've taken the plunge and sprayed new grasses. They tend to look white and scared, but recover. KBG, anyway--I can't speak about fescue or rye, or any other kind of grass.

    There are certainly losses, but they seem moderate at worst, and nothing I can really complain about.