juddjonas

Is this late blight?

juddjonas

Hello,

I have a Better Boy plant that has been growing well all season. I've already harvested about 15lbs of tomatoes and there's another 20 or so medium sized green tomatoes that will hopefully ripen sometime in September. This afternoon I noticed that many of the green tomatoes are showing black on the top but the foliage is still in good shape. There's some yellowing at the bottom leaves but that's about it. This black seemed to appear over night. It was definitely not there yesterday. We've had a rather hot and humid summer here in N.H. but today was somewhat cool, low 70's and no humidity. Last night probably got down to low 50's.

Could this be late blight? I've never seen black on the top of green tomatoes. The tomatoes still feel firm. Can it start on the fruit and work it's way to the leaves and stems?

I'm not sure if this helps or not but this plant is in an Earthbox. I also have been spraying copper fungicide every 7-10 days or so since late July when I noticed early blight on a sweet 100 plant that is next to it.

Thank you to anyone who can help me identify this.