Software
Houzz Logo Print
mod220

Need help filling space between closets, under window.

7 years ago

Our home is 90 years-old and we recently renovated the house. We have two boys sharing a room and need more storage and ideally a place for them to read. I want to build a window bench, and trying to figure out storage. A lid won't work because I'll have a cushion over it and I just imagine that turning into a junk pit! Debating on drawers as they share a small dresser and could use more drawers, or cabinets which I think look the best. The space is 54" wide, 30" deep, and 24" high to bottom of apron. Thinking of doing 18" high, w/ 3-4" cushion, any ideas on depth? I'm leaning towards 24" so it's deep enough to fill the space and be efficient, but wasn't sure if I should go deeper? If I do doors or drawers, not sure if I should do 3, 4, or 6? 6 drawers may look busy but 3 massive drawers I think will be hard for them to keep organized, or I do a base molding and 3 regular size drawers....ahhh....any feedback would be greatly appreciated!


Comments (10)