Software
Houzz Logo Print
judymusicant

My Rob's Cool Fruit is forming a second crown - what to do?

7 years ago

Hi folks,

I hope you're having a great holiday weekend, and hoping our friends in the southeastern states stay safe from hurricane Dorian.

My plant of Rob's Cool Fruit, which I purchased a few months ago from the Violet Barn, is starting to form a second crown. It hasn't formed any buds yet, and I'm also seeing some small suckers forming lower down on the plant, which I can easily remove. (This is my second purchase of this plant. The first one arrived half dead, promptly died and Rob kindly refunded the purchase price.) I will certainly put down a leaf or two, but I wonder if I should try to remove the leaves forming the second crown? I was also thinking of waiting until the second crown was more firmly established and then just try to separate it into 2 plants. I also think that if I propagate new plants from a leaf, the chances are they will also form multiple crowns. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Judy

Comments (4)