Software
Houzz Logo Print
roseseek

Hot, windy Grey Pearl

7 years ago

I've been remiss in dis budding the two Grey Pearl plants so they have taken the liberty of flowering like the weeds they want to be. These are what were worth cutting on this hot, windy afternoon.


Using the LED under counter lights...

And the rest under flash...









Comments (24)

  • 7 years ago

    Kim, gorgeous pics! Thank you for sharing. Helen

    roseseek thanked bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
  • 7 years ago

    Thank you, Helen!

  • 7 years ago

    Beautiful and unique, I don’t think I’ve seen such lush Grey Pearl blooms before.

    roseseek thanked BenT (NorCal 9B Sunset 14)
  • 7 years ago

    Thanks for sharing, Kim! Those are some haunting Grey Pearl blossoms. I LOVE 'em.


    roseseek thanked chris_in_wv (z6/7)
  • 7 years ago

    Thank you. As they are maturing, they are improving! I've read it's scented but never smelled it, until tonight. It's not "very fragrant", but it is "fragrant" if opened indoors.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Opened a bit more and even more beautiful the second day... please click on the photos so you see the full frame.














  • 7 years ago

    Absolutely stunning! Alas, I'll never see or grow it in person. <grin>

    I know a lot of people do not like the unusual colors, but these truly are fabulously unique colors to mix into flower arrangements for contrast.



    roseseek thanked chris_in_wv (z6/7)
  • 7 years ago

    Completely agree. Helen

    roseseek thanked bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
  • 7 years ago

    gorgeous. I especially like the ones in the 2nd set with the flash on. Looks like something out of an art gallery!

    roseseek thanked kathyc_z10_socal
  • 7 years ago

    Really gorgeous, Kim! So interesting.

    roseseek thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • 7 years ago

    Thank you! The second set were actually cell phone photos. Not bad!

  • 7 years ago

    Whoa! Absolutely stunning :)
    The colours are very unique :)

    jin

  • 7 years ago

    Kim, your second set of photos are so fitting for a Victorian novel....... Haunting and unforgettable!

    roseseek thanked linc1164 (Zone 7a central NJ)
  • 7 years ago

    Thank you, Ben. When opened this way, you can see what motivated the old description of "chocolate, olive, saffron and tan". And, Constance Spry's comments about it in Favorite Flowers, her final book. She was, among MANY other things, a floral designer. A friend phoned her saying she simply "MUST come down to London" to see this new rose. She required a wedding bouquet for an antique, heavily brocaded wedding dress. Grey Pearl was IT. Thank you, Lin! They are maturing further, so I am watching to see when the optimum time to catch them is. I wish I could put them in a jar and save them forever.

  • 7 years ago

    I never wanted to leave the first photo - but then I was glad I did when I saw the roses on the second day. What a unique and very special rose.

    roseseek thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • 7 years ago

    Positively dreamy! I love the colors...remind me of antique millinery. I imagine the colors paired with the petal texture is just divine! :-)

    roseseek thanked Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
  • 7 years ago

    The third day....if you're tired of seeing them, please don't look. I've never seen anyone demonstrate the progression these tints evolve through and I'm enjoying the dickens out of them.










  • 7 years ago

    Drooling with envy!

    roseseek thanked totoro z7b Md
  • 7 years ago

    So lovely! Really enjoying these pics.

    roseseek thanked Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
  • 7 years ago

    Wow awesome beautiful roses!

    roseseek thanked mjkjrobinson
  • 7 years ago

    Keep it up, Kim!


    What a terrible TEASE! <grin>


    Thanks (again),

    Chris


    roseseek thanked chris_in_wv (z6/7)
  • 7 years ago

    Day four, the beginning... please remember to click on each photo to see the full image. There is an issue between Android images and Houzz so the thumbnails don't always present the full image.











    And, some day four afternoon. Each evening, I place the vase under the kitchen faucet and fill up the water to insure none of them go dry due to use and evaporation. These are Nikon images so the entire image shows in the thumbnail.








  • 7 years ago

    Kim, this is the reason we pamper our primadonna roses, LOL. Helen

    roseseek thanked bayarea_girl_z10a_ca