Chopped peppers

hawaiisam
October 9, 2019

A long time ago someone posted a recipe for canning chopped green chiles (see recipe below). She asked if it was safe and received a response that yes it seemed perfectly safe. However, I notice that the response only addressed the ingredients. Does chopping the peppers in a food processor make it unsafe. Most instructions I find here and elsewhere are for larger pieces. Thanks

"Green Chiles mamabear2 September 6, 2006 This is how I do my green chiles. They are similar to the small cans of green chiles you can buy. Please advise if it isn't a safe canning proceedure. Green Chiles 1 1/2 lbs sweet peppers 1 1/2 lbs hot peppers 2 1/2 cups vinegar 1/2 cup water 2 t. pickling salt Chop peppers in food processor. Place in large sauce pan and add vinegar, water and salt. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Process BWB 15 minutes. Yield: Seven 1/2 pints."