Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21888603

Perth pot pet update

6 years ago

It is forecast to be forty degrees Celcius on Saturday, so I fear that all this will be balls of red crepe paper in a minute.

I have been so impressed with how well

Hugo Roller has been performing as a potted rose. He has excellent repeat (this is his second full flush of spring), handsome, healthy evergreen foliage, compact habit and no thorns. There is very little fragrance, but you can’t have everything.




Comments (23)

  • 6 years ago

    Sophie’s Perpetual has my favorite perfume. But the lanky regrowth is a bit awkward. I have just shifted her into a brighter position to encourage more compact growth. Another. Thornless beauty.



  • 6 years ago

    Beautiful, Adam. I'm thrilled you have Tea roses again. They look so healthy and beautiful.

    User thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • 6 years ago

    I need a love button! ♡

    User thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • 6 years ago

    Jasmin , how are you posting hearts? Well, i totally agree need a love button.

    Adam, Your Hugo Roller is a total WOW !!

    Unbelievable colors and it shows definition in all 3 first pics. How big are the blooms ? That is sad it has no fragrance .Its beautiful !!!

    And growing Big.

    Oh, I wish I can smell Sophie's Perpetual . It is a great to see your roses. I have to see better pics of SP as close up. I will Google tomorrow after work :)



    User thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • 6 years ago

    Here are some old close-ups of SP




  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    And here’s Hugo with my hand for a bit of scale. Maybe 4” across? Big and heavy.

    there is a light black tea scent.


  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Really amazing, Adam!

  • 6 years ago

    Hugo is huge! Wow!

  • 6 years ago

    Stunning!

  • 6 years ago

    SP is hard to photograph bec of its translucent effects from its blooms but it has beautiful dual colors than it becomes easier to photograph. I was doing some research on both the roses this morning while drinking coffee. Adam, i just saw more pics. Oh thank you so much :)

    I learn it was discovered from an old garden of Sophie Countess Benkendorff thus the name SP. It has high praises and what not to like. A china and Damask crosses.

    I love it has darker outer colours and lighter in middle.

    Even HR has a strong tea fragrance .

    You just introduced both the roses to me and i am trying so hard not to buy it..lol


    HG is only sold by one nursery here, Hortico

    The other is easier to get as many nurseries offer SP.

    I have install a new keyboard and i keep missing the keys . i hope i did not Butcher any names of words



    User thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • 6 years ago

    gorgeous Adam!

    User thanked kathyc_z10_socal
  • 6 years ago

    Plumeria, more SP just got yo... “add to cart” ;)




    Bonus bush roach

  • 6 years ago

    This year I pruned Francis Dubreuil like the HT imposter that he is. And he’s much better for it.




  • 6 years ago

    My own “Fire and Blood” is still powering along.


  • 6 years ago

    Perle d’ Or is as reliable as ever. I hope the heat doesn’t take too much out of her.


  • 6 years ago

    The leaf cutter bees have been at Hugo





  • 6 years ago

    Too bad it is not a giant burrowing roach. Or maybe it is .....







  • 6 years ago

    Just a harmless native one

  • 6 years ago

    Great you can keep it there and thank goodness it is not in front of me which reminds me of Jasmin' s screams and it means lunch for her chickens. As for me to my rescue are my kids and husband....lol. Hate those harmless creatures bec I usually end up getting hurt by running into the walls.

  • 6 years ago

    My houzz froze up again. Its funny. I was visiting my neighbour and she screamed. Her Pitbull came and rolled over it until it died. I wish my dog can do that instead he looks at me wondering " What's wrong with you". It is only harmless but go after the squirrels ?!!







  • 6 years ago

    Your pot pets are fabulous. Gorgeous colors and so many beautiful blooms.

  • 6 years ago

    Jin it is just my phone keyboard that I can post symbols. Nothing fancy. ♡☆

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH