Software
Houzz Logo Print
joealvord

Ingrid, did you get rain?

Winter is descending here today.

Comments (28)

  • 6 years ago


    Poor Monsieur Tillier.

  • 6 years ago

    So Pretty Sheila!

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • 6 years ago

    He really is beautiful


    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked pippacovalent
  • 6 years ago

    Oh wow you got snow Shelia! I just love that snow effect on MT. We have been getting steady rain for the last hour at the edge of the Los Angeles Basin. I know the roses are loving it! I hope it keeps coming all day. So wonderful to have some real rain! Last real rain here, aside from the 0.3 inches last week, was in May. Although some So Cal areas got a few inches last week, we didn’t.

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
  • 6 years ago

    Beautiful picture Sheila! I was in Newberg OR two years ago in February and got a nice dumping of snow it was so beautiful and nice to have a change in weather from SoCal. Im getting some rain at the Foothills in Inland SoCal, I wish it would down pour to really soak my garden. I agree with you Stephanie . . .I would like it to continue to rain off and on until May of next year lol.

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked haku84_zone9
  • 6 years ago

    Update... now its pouring :)

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked haku84_zone9
  • 6 years ago

    What a lovely picture, Sheila! I received between two and three inches, and the news said Ingrid got 3 or 4. I emailed her to see if they had any problems with that amount, but haven’t heard back from her. That’s rather unusual, so I hope they’re alright. We have another 2-4 inches starting this afternoon. Ingrid will get even more. Lisa

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Lisa Adams
  • 6 years ago

    Just huge wind!!! I'm praying the tree I have slated for removal stays in the water-drenched soil.

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • 6 years ago

    Wow Lisa, 2-3 inches already today! Ingrid got 3-4!! That is a lot for around here! You must be getting the center of the storm. We are having a rain lull right now and my rain gauge says we got just over 1/2 inch so far today. Should start again in a few hours.

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
  • 6 years ago

    Shiela, your rose looks so pretty with the snow.

    I am so, so, so happy that Californians are getting some rain then more rain. It is about time.


    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • 6 years ago

    We had a lot today too! No guage to measure bit I am very happy I planted a few things last week. And my palantine roses will get a good soaking too! I’m very happy for the rain but sunshine please don’t go too far ! Lol

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
  • 6 years ago

    I don't think you'll have too long to wait for that Lily French! I think you're spoiled already lol :-)

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • 6 years ago

    The rain started up during the night, after a rain free evening. It began again sometime after 1:00 am, and it’s going strong.

    Here’s the current view from my front entrance.

    “I like it. I love it. I want some more of it”!

    Lisa

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Lisa Adams
  • 6 years ago

    What great news for So California!

  • 6 years ago

    Wow, Lisa, I see a container full of rain water. Soaking wet and those blooms definitely weigh a ton...lol

    What rose is that ?


    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone !!



    Lisa, any news from Ingrid ?



    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • 6 years ago

    The rose is ‘Lovely Fairy’, and it’s always blooming. It has tiny double blooms and makes big sprays of them. Other than the thorns, it a great bouquet rose.

    Our rain finally tapered off yesterday. I’m not sure about our totals. As I drifted off to sleep last night, I heard the newscaster say 2-3 inches for San Marcos. I’m not sure what period of time they were talking about. It’s about the last thing I remember until waking up this morning. Today, it’s cool and sunny.

    I have NOT heard back from Ingrid at all. I’m becoming more concerned, as she’s usually quite quick to reply to emails. I emailed her again this morning. I told her that if she wasn’t up to writing, to just send a word or two saying she’s ill, or Cecil is ill, or everything is ok. I’ll update here, if I hear back from her. Lisa

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Lisa Adams
  • 6 years ago

    That's odd. I hope she is just busy. Didnt she get some flooding when it rained heavy one time?

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • 6 years ago

    Thank you, Lisa. I've been concerned myself since she hasn't commented on the Fall thread for Thanksgiving.

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • 6 years ago

    The rain FINALLY started here 3 days ago. I was getting scared, because they kept saying there was the same kind of staying put high pressure ridge off of the coast of Calif as there was during our 5 year long drought. So, so happy it has started raining! The second storm came in this morning, and they say it is supposed to rain for the next 4-5 days. Really, really, late for us, but it sounds as if we will get a substantial amount of rain (they are saying 4-8 inches from today through this system. Also, they said the evil high pressure ridge is gone, and now there are storms lining up across the Pacific to come in here, which is our "normal" winter weather pattern.


    Jackie

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked jacqueline9CA
  • 6 years ago

    I'm happy for you all. It rained buckets here in November, much to my satisfaction, and I know what it feels like to see drought ending.

    Ingrid?

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Melissa Northern Italy zone 8
  • 6 years ago

    I’m glad your rain finally arrived, Jackie. I was beginning to worry that we weren’t going to get any this fall. It finally started a week or two ago, after months and months of dry. My soil is well saturated today, and another inch or so is coming on Wednesday. I just love not having to water my plants! It’s like a vacation for me.

    I have not heard anything from Ingrid, and I’m growing increasingly concerned. I think I’ll call her today or tomorrow if I don’t hear anything soon. I can’t quite shake the feeling that something’s not right. It’s SO unlike her to not email me back. It’s never taken her longer than 2 days. Now that I’ve written her that I’m worried about her and Cecil, it’s even more worrisome to get no reply. I really hope they are alright.

    As I said earlier, I’ll report if I hear from her. Lisa

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Lisa Adams
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    That is concerning. If you call and get no answer, are there any neighbors that could check on her..like maybe look up their number if they are listed. Does she or Cecil have any family they could be visiting or could check on them?

    Would she leave her cat that long?

    I dont know how far she is from you but maybe drop by? lol. Take someone with you just to be safe. Thats the only ideas I can think of right now.


    Millie looks so pretty and healthy. Green green eyes :)

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • 6 years ago

    I just received an email from Ingrid. She said they got plenty of rain, but Cecil had dug trenches that redirected the water. She had no damage. I did mention this post, so perhaps she will check it out. I’m so glad to know they’re alright. I’m a worrier, and was becoming concerned. Thankfully, they are ok. Lisa

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Lisa Adams
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Thank you, Lisa . That is great to hear that they are well :)

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • 6 years ago

    So glad they are ok, and thrilled to hear about all this rain in CA—you sure needed it!! :-)

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
  • 6 years ago

    Lisa, thanks for checking up and then sharing the information. I'm glad Ingrid and her husband are okay.

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Melissa Northern Italy zone 8
  • 6 years ago

    Thats good news! Glad they are doing okay. Smart of Cecil digging that trench. We have had to do that on occassion during hurricanes or other times where we got tons of rain to divert the water.

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)