Software
Houzz Logo Print
amy_goodman66

Kitchen design help please!

6 years ago

Originally was doing white cabinets and gray island with white quartz I know same old same old . When looking at slabs I fell in love with Via Lactea in a suede finish. So now I need to decide if I should do all cabinets in white including island or do island in a different color. My appliance are matte black cafe. I love the look of black islands but is that too much with a black and white counter? Or I could do gray or white Island. Any advice? Sorry they aren’t the best pictures. Thanks



Comments (20)

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I would bring wood into the mix. Warmth is needed. Cherry or maple Island and white perimeter if that is what you are firm about. Maple in 1 or 2 shades up from the lightest maple would be classic and wear well. Cherry is rich and can be deeper colored ....is wonderful too.

  • 6 years ago

    Well things may be sufficiently warmed up with floors - IF they are wood. You really need to post more info - floor, inspiration pics?

  • 6 years ago

    My first thought was to keep all the cabinets white and let that counter be the star, it's dramatic and bold, no need for a gray island. But I also agree it would be good to bring some wood elements in, whether with some open shelving or a stained wood island. What is your flooring?

  • 6 years ago

    Flooring Coretec Calypso Oak. We will have a set of floating shelves to the left of fridge a little darker than floor and the dining table is antique large drop leaf maple table. Here is picture of floor and layout. Floor is a little warmer in person



  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I think if you love the look of a black island, go with it. The floors are at least light enough and white perimeter cabinets should be lightening things up as well.

    Personally, I do prefer a mix of painted and stained, so I would opt for a dark wood island.

    The countertops you are considering are gorgeous.

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    I don't think a grey island would work well with the stone. I'd keep all the cabinet white and let the stone be the star. But those floors aren't as warm as they could be, so the kitchen may feel cold.

  • 6 years ago

    Do the black island. You won't regret it.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago


    San Blas · More Info



    West 36th | New Home · More Info


  • 6 years ago

    IMO- black island with black counter has no contrast so it all looks like one piece.


    The Lux Getaway · More Info


  • 6 years ago

    what color are these cabinets?


  • PRO
    6 years ago

    IMO that will be a lot of black with the black appliances so I would keep all the cabinets white and I think the wood look floors are all the wood you need

  • 6 years ago

    Beautiful stone! Hope you’ll come back and share the final reveal!


    For the layout: I would move your DW to the other side of the sink - as is, when it is open it blocks access to the sink from the fridge and access to the range

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    All white cabinets to let the stone shine.

  • 6 years ago

    Would love an update on the via lactea if you chose to use that!!

  • 6 years ago

    Our counters will go in the end of next week. We are doing the Via with all white cabinets and I added some wood stained shelves to warm it up I will post pictures once counters are in.

  • 6 years ago

    I did all white cabinets. I am so happy with my counters. Love how it turned out.



  • 6 years ago

    Stunning!


    Amy Goodman thanked Ann
  • 6 years ago

    looks great! smart choice to keep all cabinets white IMHO


    Amy Goodman thanked AllAmericanAmy
Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Columbus High Quality Painting Expert