Software
Houzz Logo Print
laura_sturza

Natuzzi Couch in Microfiber?

6 years ago

Hello, I'm looking at getting a Natuzzi Edition Destrezza couch in brown microfiber. I've searched online extensively and can't find any images of their couches in microfiber, only in leather. I'm concerned the quality/appearance will not be as good in microfiber since they seem to specialize in leather. I love the couch and the microfiber fabric, but wish I could see it before ordering. I even contacted them in North Carolina and their customer service rep was rather terse in her assurances the quality would be the same but she couldn't help with images. Any advice or experience is welcome. Thanks! Laura


Comments (12)

  • 6 years ago

    I have a Natuzzi leather loveseat and find it very uncomfortable. Leather wears well, but where the fixed cushions meet in the center of the seat. they are sort of flat. No way to fix them. Hard to explain but not sure I would get another Natuzzi.

    Laura Sturza thanked erinsean
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    We have three Natuzzi couches and love them. We chose microfiber over leather because we have two dogs whose claws would ruin leather upholstery. The original plan was to make them dog-free zones, but we pretty much knew that would never work. The microfiber can be vacuumed and spot cleaned, and wears very well.

  • 6 years ago

    Natuzzi microfiber couch in our vacation house.



    Laura Sturza thanked flopsycat1
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Hi FC, Sounds like you might have a cat too? Yes, we have to have microfiber because of cats and because my husband is Vegan. So so glad to get your input. If it isn't too much trouble and you have another photo from the front, I'd love to see it. Thank you so much! Laura

  • 6 years ago

    I should add that my husband is vegan, so leather is not an option. I really appreciate receiving everyone's experience with Natuzzi Editions couches.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Hi, Laura! Unfortunately, our Flopsy is no longer with us, but microfiber is the most cat-proof material I know of. The couch in the picture above is in our mountain house, so I can’t take another pic now. Too much snow up there. We have one in our living room here, and another in our media room. BTW, I’m not vegan, but try to limit consumption of animal products as much as I can. Here’s the living room, with dogs temporarily relocated to the floor:



    Laura Sturza thanked flopsycat1
  • 6 years ago

    Dear Houzz Friend,, First, I'm sorry your kitty passed away. It's so heartbreaking to lose our dear little family members.


    Thank you so very much. You were the perfect person to respond to me as you answered questions about how Natuzzi looks in microfiber, how they wear under pet conditions, and your thoughts on comfort. Last question for you: are yours made by Natuzzi Italia or Natuzzi Editions? I know that the editions versions are the less expensive ones and the model I looked at is that version. I'm hoping that editions also holds up well. Again, so many thanks for your time. Laura


  • 6 years ago

    I think that our oldest one is Natuzzi Italia, and the two new ones are from the Editions line. My husband thinks that the Italia is better quality. As I am somewhat less discriminating, I can’t tell the difference. All three are very comfortable.


    Flopsy was nineteen years old and had a very good life. We miss her, but doubt that we can get another cat with our two prey driven dogs. I’ll attach a pic of her with Dune on an old Ethan Allen couch, also microfiber, but not so modern.


  • PRO
    6 years ago

    Cats usually give up on leather we have always had cats and leather and never found they scratched the leather their claws don’t get grip which is what they are looking for with fabric. I still would get leather over micro fiber with cats and dogs and kids we have 3 big dogs they get on our family room sofa but not on the LR one for some reason. BTW love the pic above of the animals but that sofa pic would be the first reason for no fabric.

    Laura Sturza thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • 6 years ago

    Patricia- The pic above is of an old, baggy Ethan Allen couch. The slouchiness of the fabric, and the fact that it was twenty years old, contributed to its demise. Our Natuzzi microfiber couches look nothing like that as the fabric is taut. Our leather chars, however, have scratches on the sides since our dog likes to put up his paws to stretch on them. We love the chairs and the dog and will keep them both.

  • 6 years ago

    Hi Patricia, Thanks for your thoughtful input. My husband is vegan so leather is not an option for us. Kind Regards, Laura