Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
qljanice

Design dilemma for bedding

qljanice
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I bought this beautiful bedding at Macy's and I feel it needs a wow factor. What can I add to give it a better look?

Comments (12)

• njmomma
    4 years ago

pictures?

qljanice thanked njmomma
  • qljanice
    Original Author
    4 years ago

qljanice's ideas · More Info

• K R
    4 years ago

More pillows! Like 4-5 more

qljanice thanked K R
  • C Marlin
    4 years ago

I think you need a little more color in your pillows. Those two smaller ones in the front look to be a different style.

qljanice thanked C Marlin
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 years ago

I agree about the green either a throw or a coverlet and please do not have 6 or 7 pillows on a bed that need to be gone at night But a couple of green silk ones to replace the front ones would be nice no middle one.I think the art above the bed and the blinds are too much matchy matchy to the bed for sure. Do you really need the blinds at all ? The art could be replaced with pieces with a bit more color

qljanice thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • qljanice
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Would green silk Europe pillows in the back help?

• qljanice
    Original Author
    4 years ago

here is the drapes in the room

• gigi4321
    4 years ago

After seeing this photo,

I would remove the side drapes

Choose one or two accent colors

Green pillows on bed, the bedding is neutral enough that you could bring in a print of green and one of the colors in the bedding. A tropical print would add to the theme. And a throw in the same print at the foot of the bed. If you had pillows made, they could use the same fabric and just put some fringe or piping on the ends. Maybe even a rug in front of the bed.

The art on the bulk head seems heavy, remove it, choose something else, or at least move the two side ones closer to the middle.

The print on the side wall looks lonely, maybe center it between the drapes on other wall and add some more.

The drapery rod would look good the color of the bed, but that's a minor thing.

The gold and green may be enough to add the color needed, but adding another color, like salmon or even the right shade of blue would give even more visual interest.

You really have all the basics down nicely, now just add the finishing touches that really finish off a room. I really love the bed, lamps, woven shades and general theme, which doesn't come off as kitschy.

BUT, is that bed centered? It looks off center. I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight if you don't center it. Please respond to this question before 9pm. The rest of my post you can take or leave.

Signed, slightly ocd.

qljanice thanked gigi4321
  • qljanice
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I never noticed the bed before. It is in a setback area. The picture on side is centered. Iliketheidea about removing the panel drape. Maybe graytealblue with the green but it would have to be the right . I can move pictures over closer together and maybe . I agree with the throw. guess picking the right pillows will make or break . Any suggestions.

• decoenthusiaste
    4 years ago

The bed doesn't seem to be centered with the can lights above it. The drapes are crowding it. I would tweak the bed and tables a bit and remove the green drapes in this low ceiling area. Also remove the pictures hung on the bulkhead. If you love that thematic art, then stack it vertically right of the big drape. Center the larger picture 5' above the floor and hang the other two one hand's breadth above and below it. Your bed and the art seem a bit "Tommy Bahama" to me, but you haven't exactly followed through with the idea. How about using a sisal rug under the bed?

https://www.houzz.com/photos/bedroom/query/tommy-bahama/nqrw

• samondragon
    4 years ago

At the suggestion of another poster, can you do away with the those drapery panels altogether? They are heavy looking & dark. If you remove them, you can go with many other pops of color rather than just green. Get rid of that artwork on the bulkhead. If you like that tropical look, which your current art seems to suggest, look for art that has both a tropical theme & is bright & colorful. Take your time doing this. Once located, you can pick out a color from your new art to choose new pillows, coverlet, etc. Is that the only location to place the bed? It looks like the wall is so small you can't fit bedside tables so they are angled...looks awkward & not very useful as bedside tables.