Software
Houzz Logo Print
lilyfinch

ARE - upcoming price change

Just wanted to give y’all a heads up! I went to ARE website thanks to vapors gorgeous photos of her “satina” rose. Vapor please share the pics here too ! Your photos are infinitely better than ARe pics which I never took a second glance at . The website mentions the prices go up feb 1. So if you are thinking of ordering from them now Is a good time! :)

please if you have favorites from ARE would you share them here ? Maybe you’ll inspire us! I know I love star of the republic . And

my clotilde soupert is doing amazing from them , just to tempt you , if you don’t have high humidity that is.




Comments (21)

  • 6 years ago

    Lilyfinch, you're killing me with Clotilde! Is yours the 1888, 3' polyantha with 2.5" blooms?

  • 6 years ago

    Yes the small one ARE sells . :) it’s really beautiful!!!

  • 6 years ago

    Ok just got an email and they are only going up a few dollars . That’s good news! And totally understandable. They sell excellent roses

  • 6 years ago

    Thank you Lilyfinch, for the update! I love all my ARE roses...so healthy!

    Your CS is breathtakingly beautiful!! Yours is a great photo, too.

    I also got my Setina from ARE; she’s between flushes right now, so no photos to share, but I really love her.

    I think Star of the Republic is another ARE must-have. :-)

  • 6 years ago

    I have Hermosa on order from the Fall sale and was thinking of cancelling. I won't now. I hope she does as well as her sport. Their roses are still the best for the price, I think.

  • 6 years ago

    I'm 'liking' it! : ))

  • 6 years ago

    I'm 'liking' it, too. Actually, I'm loving it!

  • 6 years ago

    I love your gorgeous pictures, Sheila!

  • 6 years ago

    Gorgeous Sheila!!! How big is yours? The color is gorgeous, I love lavenders Vapor is the only difference just that one is a climber and the other not ?

    My husband won’t notice one more;)

  • 6 years ago

    Go ahead, Lily. Maybe 4 ft x 3 ft for the bush Hermosa.

  • 6 years ago

    Hermosa at Huntington Gardens.

  • 6 years ago

    Yes, Lily Finch. Setina is just the climbing sport of Hermosa.

  • 6 years ago

    Sheila, I’m also liking it. Actually loving it. What a gorgeous plant!! I might need Hermosa too. :-)

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Well do u guys think they’ll have the valentine sale like last year?

    more great pics Stephanie!!! Why must I want em all?!

  • 6 years ago

    I remember when I first started ordering from ARE, the roses were only $14.95 each.

    Not only that, they're eliminating their print catalogue which deeply saddens me. I would have hoped the price increase could have saved it.

    I popped in my order before the $22.95 each takes effect!

    Steven

  • 6 years ago

    What did you order Steven ? I used to save all my rose catalogs for winter daydreaming

  • 6 years ago

    I LOVE saving my catalogues too!

    Let's see; on order from ARE are...

    Basye's Blueberry
    Basye's Purple Rose
    Fantin-Latour
    Madame Plantier
    Winter Sunset
    Sarah Van Fleet
    Mary Manners
    Mrs. Anthony Waterer
    Albertine
    William Lobb
    Veilchenblau

    I'm changing my outlook and beginning to focus more on hardier plants that will actually put on and maintain size here in southern Michigan.
    I'll still keep/order some tender moderns, and my Mutabilis is somehow still feebly hanging on (though maybe it passed this winter, we'll see), but I'm tire of wimpy roses with the stature of miniatures.
    I have quite a bit of space left where I'm at, and I'm planning BIG changes to my current plantings. Many will go to the "back forty" by the outhouse (yes, the house predates plumbing and still has a double seat commode!) to either outright die or get the dwindles and fade.

    I'm super excited for my ARE order, but I'm always excited for new roses!

    Steven

  • 6 years ago

    You will love Mrs. Anthony Waterer. My back forty is slowly filling with once bloomer and hardier varieties that fend for themselves. I'm a zone warmer, but generally zone up. You might take a look at Chuckles which Menard sometimes carries in the Spring as well as Skyrocket from ARE.

  • 6 years ago

    I hope she has the Valentine's Day sale again. I think it was the year before for free shipping. Last year it was some other sale. Let's hope it's free shipping again.

  • 6 years ago

    Vaporvac, that's great to hear. Makes me more thrilled for spring than ever, hehe.
    Chuckles, eh? Fantastic that there's a Menard's near me in Angola, IN. I do tend to go each spring. I love picking through boxes of body bags. It's how I was able to try very tender roses like Mutabilis, Duchesse de Brabant, and Mrs. Dudley Cross on the cheap. Hahaha; that went as well as expected even if they are still alive.

    I've always been pleased with my plants from ARE. I likewise agree they still represent an exceptional value for their quality and size.

    To Spring!

    Steven