ilovetogrow

Hosta L 2019 NO Lakesides

Welcome Friday. Lets start the weekend right. How about some Ls. No lakesides they have their own day

One of my favorites.

Have a great day!

• Saija

Little Red Rooster

Little Black Scape

• Saija

Love Pat

I did have some difficulties in posting :(

But now fotos are here.

Saija

• zkathy z7a NC

My cat’s been working overtime making my clothes smaller!

Saija, lancifolia is a beautiful Hosta!

Leapin’ Lizard

Lemon Ice still in the same pot after four years was moved to a much shadier place in the winter. I never got the gorgeous yellow this year. I guess it needs the bright spring sunshine to put on its show.

Lemon Snap

Lemon Zest has found its forever home under this camillia.

• zkathy z7a NC

Liberty, third times a charm! I’m so happy I finally got one to grow!

Lily Blue Eyes

Lime Ripple

Luna Moth vigorous, carefree, beautiful! What’s not to love?

• Beth (5b - Mid-Michigan)

Saja nice Little Red Rooster

zkathy Lemon Zest is beautiful in it's forever home and your Luna Moths is amazing.

Here are my L's

Lancifolia

Leading Lady - new last spring

Lemontini

Liberty - a must have

Little Treasure - new last spring

Luna Moth

• steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio

Lemon Snap

Here's my Liberty growing in full sun after 3:00 PM at the end of July.

Lilypad

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Lol Paula got to love those cats!

Saija look forward to seeing Little Black Scape over time.

Kathy so many beauties. I have always liked Leapin' Lizard and all the golds... I wish I had Luna Moth but I am very happy that I got Lily Blue Eyes!

Beth Liberty is a must have and I wish I had yours lol! Mine is pitiful.

Ladybug

Lancifolia

Lemon Frost

Lemon Lime

• steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio

Love Song - love the long, narrow ruffled leaves

Lovely Rita

A row of Luna Moths in my first Hosta bed planted in 2016 but still a work in progress

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

A few more.

My poor pitiful Liberty

Little Aurora

Little Starlet I need to find her happy place.

London Fog

Love Pat

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Karin & Steve Love Song is really lovely!

• sunnywood4bChazyNY

First try didn’t go. A couple of pictires posted too fast and didnt get down sized’

Leading Lady

Leather and Lace

Lederhosen

Lemon Frost

Lemontini

Liberty

Linda Sue

Love Pat

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

Laurie, I’m always amazed at how big your hosta clumps are!

Sherry

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

nice L' s everyone..I love all of the "Lemons" ..just one for me..I had to crop a picture so that everyone could find Lancifolia in the center..

I personalized this joke for our group..

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

sunnywood Leather and Lace, Lederhosen & Linda Sue are so nice.

Haha Sherry just goes to show how long I have been growing some of them!

nw Lancifolia is in good company!

• mbug_gw

Lots of nice L' s from everyone!!

Liberty....always a beauty year long

Liberty #2 ....with the hosta whisperer peeking in ...upper left

Little Red Joy...older pic...didn't get a pic this year

Little Treasure

Loyalist

Luna Moth

• mae (zone 5b On)

Liberty

Little Hobber

• Shadow -4A-NB Canada

Loyalist

Love Pat

Leapin' Lizard

Luna Moth

Liberty.

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

mbug fabulous as always and hosta whisperer is looking very handsome!

mae Little Hobber is wonderful. I am so glad you showed it, had never seen it before.

Shadow another very nice Leapin' Lizard.

• djacobz568sewi

Everyone’s Ls are beautiful. First I must say that everyone’s Liberty and Luna Moth....both of these are on my list already and seeing them here just confirms for that I really do want these two. I am wondering how Luna moth holds its coloring throughout the season.

saija, your Little Red Rooster is a cutie and I love the soft coloring of your Love Pat, not really green, green, not really blue, blue but a gorgeous combination of both.

zkathy, you have so many that I like, all the lemons are beautiful. I want more lemon colored hostas. I also like the blue color of Lily Blue eyes.

beth, Lemontini is another one I like. Yours is beautiful! Little Treasure is an awesome little hosta....I have seen it planted in borders or groups and its stunning.

karin, first I must say you have the most unusual hostas—-so many I have never heard of. Longripes Aurea has such a lovely color. I also like that cute Little Cesar.

steveduggins, your Lemon Snap is is perfect! The color and red legs make it a dazzling hosta! I also like the leaf shape, ruffle and color of Lilypad. In your second post, I agree about Love Songs leaves and the row of Luna Moths makes a stunning statement in that hosta bed.

peren.all, Ladybug is amazing with those huge blooms! Both of your Lemons in and out of bloom are just splendid. In your second post, your Liberty is in the background, right?? But it looks fine, I think. What is the green hosta in the foreground? And lastly, your Love Pat has wonderful color.

sunnywood, Leather and Lace is one I’ve had my eye on. Yours is such a good looker! The Lederhosen is stunning! I love the ruffled leaves and those tall flower scapes. The flowers on Liberty are lovely. And finally, gotta love that Linda Sue!!

mbug, your Liberty is amazingly beautiful! What are those gorgeous purple huecheras next to the hosta? I love how they compliment the hosta. I like the hosta Little Treasure and your planting it in a cement block is so clever.... I could see lining up a row of blocks and planting LT or other minis in them. Loyalist is also a beauty.

• djacobz568sewi

My L

Lancifolias in bloom

• sandyslopes z5b n. UT

Because of all the pretties shown, I've gone to HL to look up Love Song, Lemon Snap, and Leading Lady. Too many temptations around here!

Little Miss Sunshine in June

.... yellows up a month later in July.

Liberty ....wish me luck because I have to move it this spring.

Luna Moth

• StevePA6a

Another 'Leather and Lace'

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Thank you djacobs! Yes, Liberty is in the background and does look fine if it were a couple of years old but it was planted in fall of 2014 lol! It got disturbed by a squirrel and I have been quite patient with it but it had better leap this year.

The one in front of it is Goober.

Nice row of Lancifolia.

sandyslopes I like your Little Miss Sunshine, great colour.

I do wish you good luck moving that lovely Liberty!

Steve another terrific Leather and Lace.

• djacobz568sewi

Sandyslopes,I also love Little Miss Sunshine’s color, good luck with your Liberty this year and StevePA, gotta love Leather and Lace.

• old_dirt

Looks like i need to finally get a Liberty (or two).

Love Pat

Little Sunspot

Lancifolia, still crowded by the ferns

• Laura z4b / Helsinki, Finland

Liberty💚 at the back, I moved it with a large clump last August and this picture is after the move, it didn`t seem to mind a bit!

Loyalist, still small, living in shade..

• beverlymnz4

My L's and then I believe I have caught up.

Leather and Lace

Lemon Limes

• StevePA6a

WOW! on that L&L, beverly.

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Beverly & both Steves so glad you have been able to catch up. Some pretty phenomenal specimens!

• djacobz568sewi

Old dirt, the darker color of your Love Pat makes a bold statement. Little Sun Spot is a cutie.

laura, after being moved, your Liberty is looking great. I love the subtle coloring on your Loyalist. The lighter green seems to be in exactly the same space along side the darker green on each leaf......amazing.

beverly, so happy you caught up! Both of your Ls are awesome. Looooove Leather and Lace!

• Beth (5b - Mid-Michigan)

peren.all your Little Aurora looks beautiful looks like she is in her happy place

sunnywood Lederhosen catches my eye love the dark leaves

mbug your Luna Moth has gotten so big and what a statement!

mae - Little Hobber is cute, Look like it is growing well

shadow, nice shot of Love Pat

djacobz my Luna Moth looks good all season, here it is Mid August

Sandslopes I love seeing the change in color of Little Miss Sunshine, she is just glowing in July.

Steve the close up of Leather and Lace is great, looks like a unique plant.

old_dirt your shot of Love Pat really showcases it. I like it's form.

• StevePA6a

Yes, I would highly recommend 'Leather and Lace'. It's one of those plants that photos don't quite capture the look of it. I wasn't impressed until I saw it in someone's garden, then I NEEDED it. The first pic in the Hosta Library shows the cool texture, but not the nice blueish coloration.

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

Little Wonder

Liberty. In the spring it just glows.

Liberty is one of my top 5 favorite hostas.

• djacobz568sewi

Your Liberty is absolutely stunning! This is already on my list!

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

Just give it some time to grow djacobz. And then one day you will be blown over by its beauty.

• steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio

Please stop posting those amazing Leather and Lace pictures. I was actually able to delete it from my shopping cart on multiple occasions and you are not helping. Anyone posting a bedraggled slug eaten Leather and Lace is entitled to a free Luna Moth.

And yes Luna Moth holds its color remarkably well. Doesn't lighten in the sun and doesn't darken in the shade. Although, I don't grow any of mine in afternoon sun, the ones in more sun are the same color as the ones in less. The right side of this pic gets more sun than the left which might contribute to the size of the one on the right.

And this one on the left was moved this year from the right side as it was getting too big. It bounced back pretty well, even though it was fully leafed out when I moved it. Both pics from the end of July.

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

Sounds like a fantastic hosta (Luna Moth) Steve. Yours are perfect examples of that. Regarding your statement in regards to Leather and Lace, I had a laugh. It does want to go on my wish list too!

• djacobz568sewi

Steveduggins, your Luna Moths look stunning in your garden ,as does everything else. I love seeing pictures of your yard with all the hostas and other things you’ve planted. I always think It’s my yard because your house appears to have the same brick as mine, but alas, as soon as I see those beautiful, perfect hostas, I know it’s not mine.....sigh....well a middle aged woman can always dream...... :-)

• steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio

Thanks,not everything is beautiful and perfect, but I'm working on it. Like most people I don't post the uglies. Here's a pic showing my new bed with my house and a couple of other beds next to it. There's some L Hostas in there somewhere.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

Little Town Flirt, a great smaller hosta, I think not widely grown.

Sherry

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

Nice Steve Duggins. I don't see any uglies---at all!

• lindalana 5b Chicago

Lipstick Blonde and Liberty

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

lindalana..loving your pics..I noticed Liberty years ago..I admire every pic of it that I see..I need to get serious and buy one..

• steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio

Lipstick Blonde is another one flirting with my shopping cart. It ended up selling out before I could finish shopping a couple years ago. I ended up with Flemish Gold and later its sport Flemish Beauty and Frisian Pride and .... Does it grow well for you?

Liberty was one of my first 5 Hostas when I moved to Ohio. Time to get serious indeed. I love the early season yellow depicted in so many pics here. You can't consider yourself a serious Hostage until you get one.

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

steve..I'm behind in my hosta gardening..I've planted hosta every year since I moved in but spent more time and money on shrubs and trees..when I moved in my priority was shrubs and understory trees..I had towering trees, groundcover and some perennials but wanted screening..then I planned to fill gaps with hosta and shade plants..I'm so glad that I had the foresight to plant my shrubs and trees..they've grown and I have privacy and "good bones"..now I can work on the "eye candy" beds..

• djacobz568sewi

Linda, both of your Ls are beautiful. Love the red legs on Lipstick Blonde (great name) and I have already ordered Liberty.

• lindalana 5b Chicago

Yep, lipstick blonde has been good grower and is a standout hosta for me. There is ongoing trend for yellow with red legs, I think most of them look better in the pots.

Am loving everyone pics as I am going thru posts. Now that I have to slow down my purchasing I will concentrate on making better pics. Super envious!

• steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio

Found some more pictures from early spring last year. This little cutie should not go unnoticed. Lemon Zinger

• djacobz568sewi

This one is really cute Steve!