FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

jennifer_jones847

Pull out Pantry without a cabinet. Am I being too cheap?

Jennifer Jones

We are in the middle of a reno using a combination of existing and new cabinets, refacing the existing ones. This is somewhat of a budget reno. We have done an entire demo down to studs and subfloor in a 1935 home. We refigured the previous design and are using many existing cabinets (woodmode Brookhaven). We have done everything ourselves except the electrical. We are splurging for soapstone countertops and are using most of our high end appliances that we already have.

We are slipping in a pull out pantry between our wall oven and fridge cabinets. It is a 15" space. We plan on using a 15" wall cabinet above the pullout pantry.

I am considering putting the pullout directly between the ref and oven cabinet without a cabinet. We would build a base for it and install a horizontal upper attaching to the two side cabinets. I am having a hard time justifying $1,000 for the cabinet, when we already in fact have it because of the floor to ceiling ref and oven.

Thoughts? Am I just being too cheap? What are the benefits of spending $1,000 for a cabinet that no one will ever see inside of?