Tortilla Chip

Twilight with a bit of puppy damage.

T-Rex

Tambourine

Tokudama Flavovius- very slow for me

• Beth (5b - SE-Michigan)
    4 years ago

On to T's

Thunderbolt - VERY SLOW, I moved it to a brighter spot and it did better last summer

Touch of Class

Tracy’s Emerald Cup

Twilight - slugs always attack the white and it looks ratty later in the season. Moved to a brighter spot last summer, I am hoping this helps make this hosta "stronger" to defend itself against the slugs.

• mae (zone 5b On)
    4 years ago

Touch of Class

Touch of Flame (aka Tongue of Flame)

• zkathy z7a NC
    4 years ago

Tarheel Blue

Teaspoon

Thunderbolt has loved this spot since I planted it here five years ago.

T Rex, another happy camper.

I thought I was the only person who turned off the radio and opened the windows so I could see better. Thanks, Paula! Maybe I’m not as weird as I thought!

• Saija_Finland
    4 years ago

Tickle Me Pink

Touch of Class

Twilight in early June

Twilight in late July

• steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio
    4 years ago

New last year, I'm really liking this Tangerine Tango. Almost bought a couple of others this year that look a lot like it before I realized it (I still may, lol).

Tea at Betty's - 2nd year, starting to look good, but still small.

Tidewater - had to buy the bigger one when I found it as I love the mature look on this and didn't want to wait. Only 2nd year, so hopefully this year it will leap.

Treasure

Tropical Dancer

4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Tortilla Chip - another new one

The King - one of my favs. I love the early look and the later bright yellow edge too!

(Center left - from 7/22. Wish I had taken more pics of this one).

Toy Soldier on the left, Tick Tock on the right

Edit: Changed this picture to one showing Star Power behind them.

• sunnywood4bChazyNY
    4 years ago

T Dawg

T Rex

Tambourine

Tea and Crumpets

Teaspoon

The King

Thunderbolt

Tidewater

Tom Schmid

Touch of Class

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    4 years ago

Lol Paula a duck would not help at all but I had pet geese for years and they were the best "watch dogs" ever!

So many lovelies. ConnieMae I could only hope my Tom Schmid grows up to look like yours. It will take years considering I don't even have it planted yet!

Orange Marmalade has some great sports and Tangerine Tango is no exception, wow!

I am just grateful I have The King, Tarheel Blue and T Rex among others.

Teaspoon

The High Life goes through a lot of seasonal changes.

Tom Schmid

Touch of Class - finally planted, the spots are from my hard water.

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis
    4 years ago

Tokudama aureonebulosa?..I have a tag for Tokudama..I forget if there was a second name..from what I recall this should be it..there's another candidate in front..that one is reverting..half variegated half green..will look for a pic of it..

Tiny Tears..I also have Twilight but no nice pics..

a joke..

Rolex and Timex..they're watch dogs..

great T's everyone..I especially like Teaspoon..Touch of Class..Tenryu..and Tarheel Blue which has sentimental value to me..I was born in NC..

4 years ago

found a pic..a Tokudama candidate?..top center..half solid/half variegated..this has more texture than the one with the walnut shell..if one of them is a Tokudama the other is a noid..and remember I like to play but I'm not good at this game..lol

• sandyslopes z6 n. UT
    4 years ago

zkathy, Thunderbolt isn't easy. Yours is so big!

Beth, good luck with your Thunderbolt. I found it difficult, meaning that it faded away.

Saija, nice Tickle Me Pink. Makes me glad I ordered that one.

steve, I'm really liking the color on your Tangerine Tango. Looking forward to seeing this one progress. You're building a very nice collection of hostas.

nicholsworth, whose dogs?

Only one T today..... Tongue Twister

4 years ago

sandyslopes..my cousin sent me that joke..a pic of dogs with that caption but not a great pic..I thought I'll find a cuter pic and caption it myself..no idea who owns those dogs lol..

• ConnieMay ON Z6a
    4 years ago

Touch of Class - not too classy with all the tree gunk but the colour is so fresh

• old_dirt 6a
    4 years ago

Just one T to post, hopefully it posts.

Twilight

4 years ago

(Warning: I may be feeling a bit silly)

That Twilight is quite bright. It really lights up the night.

That yellow above Tiny Tears is quite striking. It is much to my liking.

I also like the one below your Tokudama candidate. Mostly green with a yellow bit. Viridescent if I understand it.

I have a Touch of Class in July right next to June (but alas, no Teaspoon). I'll show it to you real soon. . .

This second flush on Tangerine Tango showed up in August.

It was new last year, so next year its bigger or bust!

From Tangerine to Mango, its still a Tango.

This was the Hosta Tailg8 bid I lost. But here it is, the next year. So never fear. It remained near. And I got one later for half the cost.

• sandyslopes z6 n. UT
    4 years ago

nicholsworth, I thought maybe you were dog sitting, lol!

4 years ago

sandyslopes..no dog sitting..just joke posting..they're cute aren't they?..

• djacob Z6a SE WI
    4 years ago

Zkathy, your Thunderbolt is so large.... do you have it in sun, shade or combination?

conniemae, your Tokudama Aureonebulosa has stunning coloration!

sajia, I love that Tickle Me Pink!

steveduggins, you and I seem to have similar taste. I love your garden areas and selection of hostas including your Tangerine Tango. Sunnywood, your T-Rex is a monster, as it should be!

peren.all, your little Teaspoon is so full for such a small leafed hosta....and so many flowers!

mbug, your Tick Tock is lovely so full of blooms!

Everyone’s Touch of Class is perfection so it is a must have for me now.

• djacob Z6a SE WI
    4 years ago

Here are my Ts:

Surprised no one else has this

This was the new pip that sprouted from the mother plant that went green long ago. Hope it maintains its streaks.

This may be Twilight, not sure

• zkathy z7a NC
    4 years ago

Djacobz, that Twilight is a beautiful specimen! I went on compare hostas page and compared it to Queen Josephine. What else were you thinking it might be?

• Karin Black Cat
    4 years ago

I always thought I should get the Tokudamas. Maybe I find them this year...

• Karin Black Cat
    4 years ago

4 years ago

Karin..I found pips a few days ago..very small..just breaking the surface..I put compost on them today before this evening's snow :-( I like Titanium..

• Karin Black Cat
    4 years ago

Yes, the winter was too warm so far and now the hosta are slowly starting. I have the same problem and covered what I found too. Normally it is freezing in February and now we have temperatures over 10°C...

4 years ago

the same here until a few hours ago..I'll be happier in about 60 days..it seems not too far away :-)

4 years ago

dj - you're welcome to come visit. We're only an hour south of Wade and Gatton's. I'm sure a few od us have Teatime. Mine is still little and I didn't get a great shot of it. Yours is looking very nice.

Karin, your potted Hosta put many of my in the gound ones to shame. How do you do it?

Here's my Tokudama flavocircinalis. Another not-so-great shot.

And I remembered this little Titanium in the center of a pot of minis.

4 years ago

steve..love the pot of minis..wondering if you overwinter the pot outside?..

4 years ago

No, they all go into my garden shed for the winter. Last year they went in pretty late (Nov?) and were pretty wet, but most things survived. Lost some seedlings and sick plants.

4 years ago

that's what I would've guessed..I do the same..

• djacob Z6a SE WI
    4 years ago

Karin, love your Tickle me Pink also. I like that long leaf tip! Twist of Lime has the lovely coloring that we both seem to love.

zkathy, the hosta was actually labeled Jack Of Spades.....ha, it obviously isn’t. When I saw old_dirt’s Twilight, it gave me pause. I don’t think it’s QJ because it doesn’t have a fragrant flower. Doesn’t QJ have a fragrant flower? Anyway I don’t have any other idea what it could be. I was hoping someone here (like you) would have An idea.

Steve, thanks for the invite to visit....you never know......but I do live 90 minutes from The Land of the Giants, a bit closer. But then I wouldn’t get to see your lovely yard and meet you!

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    4 years ago

Nice to see all the Touch of Class hostas. It really is a pretty hosta.

Touch of Class

Twilight. This hosta does seem to attract slugs. I think I might put it in a pot instead.

Titanium. Almost lost this hosta. It's making a comeback now. Surprised to see the Hosta Library says it is a "vigorous" hosta. Well, we'll just have to see what happens this year now that it's settled in its spot.