Software
Houzz Logo Print
teamej

Lemon tree in distress

6 years ago

After 14 years my lemon tree died (or so I thought) last year. All of the leaves fell off and all of the branches dried out. I cut everything back to the point where there was some green under the bark, which left me with just a 2 ft trunk (literally just the trunk, no branches). Nothing grew on it for several months so I gave up. When I went to pull it out of the soil, I noticed a little tiny green bud growing from the base of the trunk, so I let it go for awhile. Low and behold it grew and grew, and eventually a couple of branches even grew off of it. So I cut the original trunk all of the way down and thought maybe I had a new tree growing. That was a year ago. In the last couple of months, the leaves have starting curling and brown spots are showing under them. Many of the upper leaves have fallen off. Only one area of new growth — and those leaves look much healthier than the rest of the tree. I would appreciate any advice. This tree has significant sentimental value to me, so I don’t want to give up on it. Thanks!

Comment