shadywillowfarm

Help me design my basement rec room!

ShadyWillowFarm
last month
last modified: last month

Now that the kids are grown and gone, we are reclaiming the basement rec room. It’s a 37’x19’ finished space with a few limiting factors. There are 4 support posts and a bulkhead that run the length of the room and limit ceiling height to 6’ along the length. I enter and exit the house via the mud room several times a day, so need to get from the stairs to the mud room door easily. We have a 9 foot shuffleboard table that will stay. We will be purchasing furniture, a nice, big tv, and I really want a nice electric fireplace. It’s a nice, big space and I am looking for ideas on how to lay everything out. My husband wants a bar or beverage center with a small drink fridge and a place to lay out food/snacks. I need a small exercise area where I can lay out my 4’x8’ mat for stretching and Pilates. I can store the mat in the unfinished storage area. Attached is the layout. The carpet is going! We are going to do stained concrete floors. The recessed lighting is good, and we have plenty of outlets.

Comments (22)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268