Software
Houzz Logo Print
mefor

OLLD 7/31

13 years ago
Ok, this is 7/31. STK, I would tell you that you're burning daylight, but there isn't any yet!! Hope you'll all have a good day as you start to get up and get going. Here's a picture of a craft room that looks cheery. I don't have anything like this, but there's a bit of basement in other house that might want to be fixed up, hmmmmm... Maybe a fall and winter project?

Comments (95)

  • 13 years ago
    very nice shower!
    mefor thanked mpoulsom
  • 13 years ago
    Post a picture when you get home if you remember. Love fire "thingys"
  • 13 years ago
    mforr...pics pics pls want to see the stone house!!!
  • 13 years ago
    People were a lot more innovative back then really. No easy way out. :)
    Ok jayme, here's my beautiful baby. Labor of love.
  • 13 years ago
    Weird.... does the body type of the posts now look different or is it just me?
  • 13 years ago
    More and barn and smokehouse, old property
  • 13 years ago
    How do you mean kimdee? They look the same to me, I think
  • 13 years ago
    None of the outbuildings looked like that when we bought it, and the house was covered in ivy, top to bottom 3/4 of the way around. We like to get older houses and we like to save them. Like my hillbilly beach house with the toilet hanging out the wall, lol
  • 13 years ago
    beautiful place, michele. it looks like a home with many rich stories to share.
    mefor thanked DIAspoton
  • 13 years ago
    I should write some, maybe they could pay for the TLC we've given it.
  • 13 years ago
    What I mean is, it's a different font on the website than it was before. Less bold and more rounded. Verdana now, not Arial like before.
  • 13 years ago
    I can't see the difference in posts from today and 2 days ago, would the new font change old stuff automatically?
  • 13 years ago
    Yeah, it would be a site-wide coding change. Here's the old and the new. They can't fool me, type expert that I am! I noticed it right away.
  • 13 years ago
    Good eye kimdee :)
  • 13 years ago
    @mforr ....Gorgeous!! I LOVE it...just beautiful!!! To die for!!.....now more of the inside pls!!
    Hey guys...check out these mahogany door Chuck installed in a home....
  • 13 years ago
    Those are pretty cool, I like the woven effect :)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    The Victorian cottage gets a new roof! The roofing crew started today on redoing the house and garage roof for my cute little cottage. Today's task was tearing off the roof over the kitchen and also the front porch. I'm not sure whether they'll tackle the rest of the house tomorrow or do the garage. Garage has 4 layers of roofing to tear off so quite a project. The house has two layers over the original cedar. Then, after the old stuff is off, the entire roof has to be decked since the cedar shake didn't require regular roof decking.

    Putting on the roof deck wasn't in the original quote but the guy isn't charging me much at all to do the labor. The entire quote was really low, but the guy needs the work and he knows I pay my bills. As soon as the roof is done, he gets a handful of green paper. He's done a couple roofs for me and does decent work for a great price. The guys aren't making much money but they are working and getting enough to tide them over until the general contractor that owes them a lot of mooney pays his account.

    It really ticks me off when some of the roofing contractors (or anyone else) subcontract work and then short pay or slow pay the labor. The guys up there working their A$$ off in the heat aren't earning much more than minimum wage and then they have to wait a couple weeks before they can collect what they're owed.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    @mforr...there are sidelights on each side and above...the door cost $17,000, and my hubby was entrusted to install...
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    @Jaymee - I love those doors! Your hubby does some interesting projects

    @Kimdee - You have quite the eye for detail! Even if I would have noticed that the page looked different, I couldn't have told you why.

    Mforr - Love that stone house. Our house is brick and masonry houses do hold the heat or cool very well. But, when this house gets really hot or cold, it takes forever to get it comfortable again.
  • 13 years ago
    Dang, jayme, people are crazy, he should charge them a large percentage of the cost of doors. :))
    Why on earth would someone pay that for a door? Good for Chuck but crazy for them
  • 13 years ago
    That's true Linda, sometimes when it's very hot during the day, at night the stone releases some of that back into the house. But generally it's pretty constant. I love brick houses too and brownstones.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    In winter, our house is cozy warm when it is cold outside. But, in the shoulder seasons, the house feels very chilly. The furnace will kick on in the morning and then it is just warm enough that the heat doesn't kick on again for hours but the walls are cool and that sets up air currents in the rooms and you feel drafts.
    mefor thanked Linda
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I'm glad my roofers got felt on the the house roof but they didn't get felt on the porch roof, just the new plywood. It wasn't supposed to rain but we're right in the middle of a thunderstorm and that plywood is going to get wet. Shouldn't be a major problem but perhaps they'll have to wait for a while until it dries out tomorrow
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I'm off to the airport to get my hubby - he's been at a client site for 3 days but home now for the rest of this week and hopefully all of next week
  • 13 years ago
    Had dinner in asbury park and then went to the silverball pinball museum. Played a bunch of pinball on machines from the 50's thru the 90's, what a blast :)
    Another college visit, gotta get up early tomorrow, so beddy byes for me, goodnight ladies, see you tomorrow sometime
    I enjoyed opening the festivities today and hope I didn't bore anyone with my pictures. Thanks for the comments on house. Night!!! :)
  • 13 years ago
    I made dinner tonight for my best friend, who I haven't seen for about two months (maybe more). No excuse really since we live so close together, but it was good to see her. I made a beer can chicken with roasted dilled potatoes and salad. Oh and apple pie for dessert. It was yum!
  • 13 years ago
    Aww Kimdee... Sounds delish.
  • 13 years ago
    Sorry for missing out on the entire of today's discussion. It was quite busy today and some interesting calls. A Tiger Balm ingestion (gross!), drug induced psychosis that was tasered, and a few bad lying drunks. Just finally got a chance to catch up.
  • 13 years ago
    Any foreign bodies needing removal?
  • 13 years ago
    I could get a good car for the price of that door..btw...crazy!
  • 13 years ago
    No foreign bodies... thank goodness.
  • 13 years ago
    WHYYY would anyone ingest Tiger Balm? Why?? I hope it wasn't a child at least.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Kimdee - some questions you just shouldn't ask...
  • 13 years ago
    Hmmm. Sounds like one of those things "I just don't want to know.... " lol
  • 13 years ago
    At least she didn't smell bad.
  • 13 years ago
    Well, there's that. Yeesh.
  • 13 years ago
    Is it bad that I've eaten half of an apple pie tonight? This is why this stuff just can't come home with me.
  • 13 years ago
    At least it's a fruit. Fruit is good for you.
  • 13 years ago
    Good thing I'm playing every day for five days straight starting Friday! My strategy is to get rid of the pie as quickly as possible....
  • 13 years ago
    Robin will have to respond to a sugar coma call in South Edmonton....
  • 13 years ago
    Hahaha.

    I was at WalMart the other day and found a t-shirt for my daughter that says 'Food Coma - I haz it' with a picture of a panda who has eaten too much. Thought it was fitting given how much that child loves her food.
  • 13 years ago
    And speaking of food comas - I'm working at Heritage Days on Monday. (A cultural and food festival) I'm there for 11 hours so I think my goal will be to try a food from every pavilion. Eat my way from one end of the park to the other.
  • 13 years ago
    I haven't been to Heritage Days in years! Looks like the weather will be decent for it, especially since you are working.... good luck with the food pavilions!

    I am off to bed, I can barely keep my eyes open. Nite all and sweet dreams. xoxo
  • 13 years ago
    Night all.
  • 13 years ago
    hi dave, great to hear from you. so happy to hear you're on the mend. you're a very creative guy so i would expect your office to have a studio environment to constantly feed that energy.
  • 13 years ago
    DAVE! So glad you are feeling better and glad you are here with us again! Can't wait to see the pics, we will all be jealous of your new space I am sure!
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Good to hear that all is well David.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I'm off to pick up materials from a deck. Someone who works with us occasionally helped to do some remodeling at a bar recently and they need to have an old deck removed. Supposedly some of the wood is new and the rest is in decent shape. i actually need some used decking because the current project house needs a few boards replaced on the deck and it sticks out too much to use brand new boards on an existing deck.

    I'm also going to stop at ReStore today and buy a couple of boards. They have an entire group of salvaged old growth 2x8s, up to 14 feet long...shorter ones for $6 and longer ones for $8 or $10...real 2 x 8 dimensions and gorgeous wood. I've got a couple garage doors to repair and I would like to make a garden bench as well.

    Have a fun day everyone!
  • 13 years ago
    hi DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations