Software
Houzz Logo Print
all4kickz

what species wood and stain color in ceiling?

Aren’t too many ready made gray stains out there. Is this custom?

Lake Chateau · More Info

Comments (14)

  • 6 years ago

    I LOVE light stained cabinets and just had mine done (rift sawn white oak) and the stain was white cotton by monocat. I had SUCH a hard time finding a way to get pretty light wood cabinets, and they came out great.

  • 6 years ago

    Question, what cabinet maker did you go with? The style is unique, yet classy. Great job!

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    The cabinets were made by a local custom shop in L.A. Antigua Woodcraft

  • 6 years ago

    what type of wood?

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    Cabinets are a red oak (that was bleached before installed)

  • 6 years ago

    How does one go about bleaching cabinets? I noted this in a few builds and wondered about doing it to get the yellow/orange out of red oak. (Was that your purpose here?) How did u achieve the bleaching?

  • 5 years ago

    There are wood bleaches available...oxalic acid for one.. Deck renew cleaners use oxalic acid. It takes out black water stains on wood. I have never used it to lighten wood but the instructions caution that you should apply to an entire piece because it is a strong lightener. I would practice before using on anything of value..

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    I don't know the product name, but it was a paint on-let it sit a couple minutes-wipe it off product. It just took the pink/yellow out of the wood a bit. Nothing drastic, but enough it made a difference.

  • 5 years ago

    Can I use your image on my blog page? Thanks

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    You can, thanks for checking-

  • 5 years ago

    what is the flooring in the kitchen?

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    It is a faux concrete 48x48 tile, from Porcelanosa.

  • 5 years ago

    Love these raw wood cabinets. Recently had a cabinet refinishing company come and make mine similar to these!