Software
Houzz Logo Print
vixenhouse

Contractor dilemma

13 years ago
Hi.. I am frazzled. I have been using the same contractor for over a year, trying to finish up my old house restoration. Now, a lot has been left unfinished, 3 porches, left over painting, some electrical. He has become a good friend, but it's taking too long. I want to move in and have it be finished, but he doesn't show for days or weeks. I got another bid from another contractor, have been honest about it to my friend/contractor, but now he is angry and I can't get anybody to commit to finish the work. Do I make my friend/contractor angry and go to someone else or just wait it out? He has done a superb job, knows my old house well, what would you do? I am in a VERY small town, everybody knows everybody. I just want to do the right thing, but be finished!! Grrr... Thanks. Ps prices are pretty much equal.

Comments (3)