jeremy_segermeister17

Need help making this special

Hi,
I’m designing a custom home and believe we have the floor plan mostly there (still working on a few details).

We now are going to focus on the exterior. We are meeting with the designer next week to review and I would like to get advice on changes I should request, so we can view the options live.

Right now our feeling is that the exterior feels “generic”, like many spec builds in the area. It doesn’t have that custom, architecturally special feel that we are seeking and so often see here on Houzz. I am having a hard time putting my finger on what it is, and what changes we should request.

I’m hoping by switching the windows to larger, more spectacular windows, or adding transoms will make it better. Our designer mentioned that Title 24 energy compliance might become an issue if we go too large.

Suggestions?