Shop Products
chichix85

Hippeastrum Bulb Giveaway

Hi all, my landlords at my apartment complex are starting to get concerned about the obsessive amount of foilage off the balcony and want me to reduce by at least half. So, giving away these bulbs. Prefer to give all of them at once and if you can accept a box of them labeled, then that person would get priority.

I will ship at no charge to the recipient, probably via USPS or perhaps UPS whichever is cheaper.

Red Peacock

Papilio

Ruby Star

Cherry Crush

White Christmas

Pink Flush

Ambiance

Minerva

Minerva

Emerald

Emerald

Emerald

Snow White

Green Goddess

Amigo

Alfresco

Alfresco

Alfresco

Double Dragon

• 4 years ago

I know right? They are spinning it as a safety issue because if there's a fire, the pots might block exit off the 2 story balcony. 馃槱

• 4 years ago

My sister's condo is the same way. She has a huge decked entry that the condo association will not allow any planted containers on....for the same reason - safety (although there is more than enough room to maneuver a golf car up there, let alone any fire or aid workers!!). And they are equally restrictive about how much she has on her tiny balcony deck. Furniture does not seem to pose an issue so access is not the concern..... and she is on the top/third floor. I think they just don't like plants! They even made her take down her hummingbird feeder as it was "dripping"....on absolutely nothing below it on the ground (all the balconies are offset).

• 4 years ago

Hi Brian, sorry to hear about your situation. I love seeing balconies filled with plants! :). I'd be happy to give your Hippeastrums bulbs a new home. I've enjoyed growing some generic red and red/white Hippeastrums for several years and they've been multiplying nicely but it would be fun to try some other colors/named varieties. Will you email me directly so that I can give you my mailing address? Thanks! - Steve

slgerber@gmail.com

• 4 years ago

Hi Steve, thanks for volunteering. Sent you an email.

• 4 years ago

Brian, I think all your bulbs have new homes. If you have seed available this year, I'd be happy to have some seeds! The bulbs from your 2018 seeds have gone outdoors this year. I've been growing them all indoors and they're still quite small. This year, they will be outside, given fish fertilizer and SUPERthrive, and potted up to larger pots, if needed. I'm hoping to get them all bulked up this growing season!

• 4 years ago

Hi berkeleysgr8 , interesting to hear about the 2018 seedlings, but I believe you sent seeds to me and not vice versa. Perhaps those were from Fred? I got some from him in 2018 and yourself. I'll check in my freezer but there may be some interesting mixes I never got around to planting and get back to you.

• 4 years ago

We sent seeds to one another, Brian. I also have some 2018 (I think) Santos seedlings from Fred that have gone outside for some California sunshine as well!

• 4 years ago

Is it too late for me to receive some pink amaryllis? If it's too late, I hope they have good homes!

• 4 years ago

I checked my 2018 list, Brian, you were correct! I sent seeds to you (Evergreen x papilio). *smile*

• 3 years ago

Is this still going on

• 2 years ago

I want them too., Send to Jean Cadet 158 East 122nd Street apt 6-12 New York NY 10035

• 2 years ago

I would love some please

• 2 years ago

I can take them