Software
Houzz Logo Print
tira_misu

Split Bathroom Reveal - Finally!!!

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello everyone!

I posted a while ago about split bathroom layouts and design, and got a lot of input from all of you.

Here are the threads about my bathroom:

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5782969/what-would-you-do-close-servant-stairs-for-larger-bathroom-or-keep-it

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5442737/thoughts-on-split-bathroom-layout

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5792925/are-large-marble-tiles-or-panels-a-trend

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5823693/help-me-choose-a-vanity-for-our-transitional-bathroom

So, we demolished the old bathroom on November 4th and the new bathroom was completed by Christmas. We moved everything around so there was a lot of plumbing involved. We also live in a super old house so we had to level the floor and straighten the walls to make them meet at 90-degree angles.

This is how our new bathroom turned out:

This is the vanity and tub room when you walk in from the hallway:










We have so much storage!!


Here is the shower and toilet room. Smaller, so pictures were hard to shoot:









Old bathroom (when the house was for sell):
I wasn't sure about all of these mirrors when we bought the house but quickly got to think of them as super helpful for making the room feel large and bright, and also for styling hair. Hence all the mirrors in the new bathroom.


So far we love our new bathroom. It allows many to use it at the same time.

Comments (18)

  • 6 years ago

    Your bath looks great. I'm sure your getting a lot of use out of it. Great job. I would love to know the information on you mirror storage over your sinks. I love them and have been looking for something similar.

  • 6 years ago

    That floor looks very slippery!

  • 6 years ago

    The medicine cabinet arrangement is great! I'm stealing the idea. The fact that they are from Ikea makes my heart leap with joy. Greet job. Glad to know the ties aren't slippery.

    tira_misu thanked User
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I'd like to see the floor plan that you came up with. I can't tell with the angles and the mirrors what is what, lol. I love the feel of your rooms. I think the porcelain tile looks great. I wish you many years of happy bathing!

    tira_misu thanked enduring
  • 6 years ago

    It seems to me that with the number of mirrors a certain bust. But marble looks luxurious. I would like the same bathroom. Very beautiful.

  • 6 years ago

    Nice ..but to many mirrors for me

  • 6 years ago

    Thanks so much for the info on the medicine cabinets. I love the idea of using this over a long vanity.

    tira_misu thanked k9gold
  • 6 years ago

    Seems a bit sharp and cold, maybe a pretty, fluffy runner to soften it up

  • 6 years ago

    Very nice! I like how the counter contrasts with the tile, Love the wood color of the vanity with the tile, too. What is best is your use of the existing skylight and the windows high on the walls to allow that light into the shower/toilet room. It is a nice, modern look over all!

    tira_misu thanked Nancy in Mich
  • 6 years ago

    I love it! Don't you love the medicine cabinets with mirrored backs and mirrored inside the doors? Beautiful toilet, too, if that doesn't sound too weird.

    tira_misu thanked bpath
  • 6 years ago

    Love the mirrored medicine cabinets. I want to steal that idea also. Also love the black sinks with your tile.

    tira_misu thanked mmmm12COzone5
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Thanks everyone for the comments. As I mentionned in my previous posts, we are a family of 5 sharing one bathroom on the second floor. It had to be functionnal more than anything else.

    enduring This is our layout. The wall where the tub and shower are measures 10' and the vanity wall measures 8'. I feel like we accomplished a lot in that tight space.



    Snaggy and Mary Tillios , I hear you about the mirrors. When we bought the house, the bathroom wasn't split, and had 3 walls completely mirrored. I didn't like the look of it. But after living in in for a few years, I got addicted to them! It made the room seem much larger and made haristyling a bliss. When we demolished, the room seemed so small and dark without them. This is why we put so many mirrors back and because they were the last thing installed, we got to see the before and the after, and it made such a big difference.

    cindylou62 I agree! Unfortunately, one of our cats has a wet rug fetish and pees on bathroom rugs every single time we forget to hang them. I will be buying new towels eventually and will try something more fun than the white or grey that we currently have.

    bpath reads banned books too I love our toilet too :) Thanks for noticing! If I remember correctly, you were one of the ones that convinced me to use some of Ikea's bathroom line. So glad I did!

  • 6 years ago

    I love having alot of mirrors also. My old house from the 70s had a mirrored wall in the dining room, mirrored closet doors, and large bathroom mirrors. I swear I stayed thinner because I could see my whole self all the time.


    This one has mirrors similar to your old layout with a huge wall of them. If we remodel that area I want more storage and big mirrors. That is why I like your solution so much. We don't have medicine cabinets and I really miss them.

  • 6 years ago

    I swear I stayed thinner because I could see my whole self all the time.

    I haven't thought of that! I might add some mirrors throughout the house now!

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    Great job! Your bathroom looks amazing! And I agree, having extra mirrors definitely help when getting ready.

    tira_misu thanked FrameMyMirror
  • 5 years ago

    You should pat yourself on the back re: your bathroom renovation! You did a great job of incorporating some style into a highly functional layout. I really love all the natural light and how you allowed it to flow between the two rooms. Perfect!


    Do you mind sharing where you purchased your tub faucet + sink faucets? I need to get mine selected ASAP and I’m really having a difficult time finding a style that I like for both my tub and sinks. Thanks!!

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    Amazing work!