Software
Houzz Logo Print
qcade5871

My finished foyer! Before, after and inspiration

13 years ago
Rate my space! My first project

Comments (23)

  • 13 years ago
    Very nice, but does the door hit the bench when opened?
    qcade5871 thanked User
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    So very pretty. I love all of your choices. Inspiration was great, but I like yours much better!
    qcade5871 thanked Rave Redux Decorating Services, LLC
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Great job!

    Lyvonne
    qcade5871 thanked essentials inside
  • 13 years ago
    Nice, I like it
    qcade5871 thanked superkat100
  • 13 years ago
    10 out of 10! Beautiful! And great recreation of another photo! :)
    qcade5871 thanked Kelsea Rippy
  • 13 years ago
    I have the bench pulled out for the photo but it fits snugly under the bench.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    You work fast, I remember when you first posted about this.
    qcade5871 thanked Stanton Designs-online design services
  • 13 years ago
    I like to finish what I start and not let a project linger on. I need to decide what's next hmmmmm. Powder room or guest room. If guest I will need to keeping over sized set and make it work. A contractor owned the home previously the shell is nice for my price range I just need to take it out of the 90's on a slim budget. I had the shower door for the powder measured to day for a glass insert I can't afford rimless but I can afford glass . I think the powder room is calling my name :) will post these for some ideas
  • 13 years ago
    I don't understand the stones in the sink--won't they get soap scum and toothpaste on them?
  • 13 years ago
    That was my spa look:) and the reason I'm seeking Help. A short fix to a big problem. Any inspiration pics would be helpful!
  • 13 years ago
    Oh, the cultured marble has started to "craze?"
  • 13 years ago
    ? What
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I have a few questions. How much of a remodel are you anticipating in your powder room? Are you planning to take shower doors out or do want ideas to update them? Will you paint the walls or just need ideas for accessories?
    qcade5871 thanked Rave Redux Decorating Services, LLC
  • 13 years ago
    "Crazing" refers to the finish in the bottom of the sink cracking, so it looks like a crackled finish. This is a preliminary step in the cultured marble starting to decompose. I just replaced all the cultured marble sink/counters in my house due to this. It is especially noticeable around the drain.
  • 13 years ago
    I am replacing the shower doors with glass had it measured yesterday. I like the paint color and the dark fixtures. Open to replace the vanity and commode not sure what else I can to update the space?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I like your dark fixtures and paint as well. Unless the commode is not functioning properly, I see no reason for that expense. I would consider changing out the sink and counter top, add artwork, towels and an accessory or two. Ignore the gold finishes in the photo, but I like the finish on the cabinet and the placement of the mirror above the sink, as well as the marble counter with the dark finish faucet.
    This photo was on Houzz by Trey McKinney Designs.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    A granite or marble with an undermount sink would be neally nice, but you can also do a drop-in sink on either, if you're concerned about cost. Just make sure it's a porcelain sink. There are also some very nice faux stone WilsonArt (laminate) counters as another cost-cutting idea.
    qcade5871 thanked Nancy Walton
  • 13 years ago
    Hi qcade5871, I love the use of stones/natural objects in the bath. Please see the use in my tiny half bath.
    qcade5871 thanked RJ Jo
  • 13 years ago
    I've been trying to decide between a table vs a bench in my foyer. Didn't think of the fact that I could have both in the same space! Thanks for the inspiration!
    qcade5871 thanked RJ Jo
  • 13 years ago
    I love the lamps. Where did you purchase them?
  • 13 years ago
    Home goods w/white shades. I bought the blk at lowes
  • 13 years ago
    I luv the inspiration photo by rave redux decoration will need to find a smaller version of this help:). What's your take on the floors.....