vlk20

Downsized, need help with townhouse exterior please

JRK
20 days ago

We downsized into a townhouse over the winter and this will be the first time in 36 years I don't have property to do/ plant whatever I want. I thought that I would be relieved not to have to do the back-aching work (since I am now over 60) but... the outside is boring. And I'm sure that I will also be bored a the weather warms up. First, our HOA states that we can plant any annuals that we want, but perennials and shrubs must be approved. It's a small development and the HOA seems to be a reasonable group, so that doesn't concern me. I will download photos below. There is a small "parklet" next to our end unit which is nice, but I want to have some color nearer our house. This front corner of the house faces east so it will get a good amount of sun in the summer. Looking at the last photo, the sod to the right of the main door has been replaced, but I was thinking that I could either petition the HOA to allow me to add a brick patio to match the apron in front of the garage, or turn it into a garden. I am not happy with the little marching lines of shrubs, but at least the maintenance company maintains them. Whatever I plant in the area with the electrical box, a/c unit and gas meters, they will have to be accessible. I am open to all suggestions on planting materials and also to what I can do with the "front porch". I can get a better photo later today. It's so boring, and that tiny balcony (after having an extensive patio in our previous 2 houses) is depressing. But we had to make the move, and we did, so I need to make the best of it. Suggestions, please, on anything that you think would help to add some color and style to our new home.

Comments (4)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268