littlefurballs

Patch lawn with microclover/mini lover

SK A.

Hi! Micro/Mini Clover: Has anyone here had experience with with this lawn alternative? If so, any feedback or suggestions? Thanks!

Why I’m asking: I live in CO and am trying to find affordable ways to fix the many patches on my front and back lawn. I have been looking at spreading clover seed on the patches. I’ve ordered some white clover seed for the back (since I read it’ holds up better to dog urine). But, I’m thinking the front lawn would look good with microclover (or miniclover, if there’s a difference). One of the reasons the front grass looks bad is from the pine needles. I love the tree and rake the needles as often as I can, but I wonder if lawn alternatives such as clover would hold up better.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

One of the reasons the front grass looks bad is from the pine needles. I love the tree and rake the needles as often as I can

==>>>

why are you fighting mother nature...

lawn isnt supposed to grow under pines trees ...

so leave the needles there.. until they kill all the grass ...and stop trying to grow alternatives where God didnt mean them to grow ...

the pine.. is self mulching under itself .. and you keep raking up FREE .. key word there...FREE ..mulch ...

in my experience.. the pine is such a super competitor for water ... and it is a veritable desert under there ... and that is why very little will THRIVE under there ...

also.. clover is about the only green thing in what i call a mowed lawn in july and august .. and the only downside of big swathes of it.. are the honey bees ... which if you have kids.. might not be appreciated ...

ken

• danielj_2009

Pine needles aren't bad for your lawn if you just mulch them in. Of course, you should cut a mulch bed around the tree where most needles will fall, but the needles on the grass should just be mowed over. They will not acidify your soil.