Software
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinri

Help With Coordinating Paint Color!

6 years ago

Paint forum too slow! Hoping for help in choosing color for my husband's coffee shop which he is trying to repaint quickly before we reopen. I would change everything if I could but after being closed 3 months we do not have the money.

This is the back of the coffee station and where I need a color choice to match BM Boca Raton which will go on the bottom of other walls where our booths are. I am looking for a nice light color that will match this ugly tile and the Boca Raton color. Maybe a nice off white? I hate the color tan, hate it with a passion so would rather it not be tan! He plans to hang old time large black and white canvas photos from our town back in the day on the top section of wall around the room. This room is like your typical diner. Excuse the mess, everything is pulled apart.


The bottom part of the wall and inside the two "frame" will be the Boca Raton. Above that is where I am looking for the lighter color. The deep teal you see n the far corner will also be painted the BM Boca Raton color.


Again the corner by the windows where you see deep teal will be BM Boca Raton. Above and above the tile on the back wall needs the coordinating color.


Here you see the teal colored (hard to tell in the picture) booth bottom. Top is tan as well as the floor tile. Between the floor, wood and top of booth lots of "tan" which I am no fan of. The color on the wall next to the booth is Boca Raton which will go on the bottom and mid walls.

This is what Boca Raton looks like on a wall.

Thank you!!!

Comments (17)

  • 6 years ago

    Maybe have the Coca Raton cut by 50% so it is lighter

  • 6 years ago

    I would try Navajo White and White Cloud, both off whites, both off white enough to work with both the Boca Raton and the tile without going tan. I like Jck910's idea, but would avoid more blue in a coffee shop. The Boca Raton is bright enough to be stimulating, but soft blues suppress the appetite. Someday, when you can afford to change colors try to incorporate orange/yellow and reds into the decor. Orange is known to increase appetite, Red is highly stimulating and causes people to want things passionately. There is a reason that every fast food company has red/yellow and orange in their logo and why so many restaurants have red table cloths. .

  • 6 years ago

    I'm all for photos of local places. But with black/white and so much tan - blah !?

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    The long wall's wood-framed pieces -- wallpaper could liven with color and pattern....by counter's teal seating?

    Orla Kiely Flower Blossom Wallpaper · More Info



    Upper East Side · More Info


  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Glad you like it. Don't let it become like a facility's cafeteria.

    May I add about photos - if he had painted frames, and photos in brown-sepia ?

  • 6 years ago

    Yes I really like that idea but do you mean colored frames? I too mentioned sepia and think thatvwould look better.
    I do not like tan but we decided on Assessible Beige for the top.
    We tried off whites and one called BM Vanilla Ice Cream (which was a suggested complimentary color)and they looked too light, especially by the ugly wall tile.
    I love the wall paper you posted (especially the green) but not sure where we could put it on the walls. Many are so cut up with the wood framing (which again I do not like). I do like the color green just not the greens we now have.
    We are doing what we can for now to freshen things up till we can someday change a lot more .
    I appreciate all the help!

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Yes, I meant frames in an accent color. What colors have you considered - I assume the teal color is one.

    So much tan, again Idk if black or sepia will enliven.

    NewEnglandgal thanked everdebz
  • 6 years ago

    Home Goods, etc... are good but I think you'd need more than 2 -

    "Rain Drops" Giclee Canvas Wall Art, 12"x12" · More Info


  • 6 years ago

    Have you considered the green featured with Boca Raton Blue or Vanilla Ice Cream?


  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Accent idea - "ruby red is the perfect pairing for teal because it’s slightly more than a neutral, allowing the rich tones of the teal to be warmed up by the splash of red...

    https://housetipster.com/housetips/1525/colors-to-pair-with-teal


    Elwood Bamboo Kitchen · More Info


    Elwood Bamboo Kitchen · More Info


  • 6 years ago

    houssaon I saw that combination but I already have the teal green from the booths, mint green in the table tops and then a green in the backsplash tile. so that color would have clashed. I am actually trying to tone down all the teal and green by using the Boca Raton and Assessible Beige color. I appreciate the thought though!


    everdebz I do like the red accents and agree it would look great with the teal color. Unfortunately we already have stools screwed into the tile floor that are the same teal fabric that are on the bottom of the booths. How would some pictures framed in red look? Also because the booth table tops are speckled mintish green with a teal border I am not sure the red cloth patterns would work for inside the wood squares above the seating but I do love that pattern. Oh how I wish I could change everything. This is an old fashioned diner people come to , lots of locals, who come to eat and chat, etc. It isn't what you would call a pretty restaurant. lol We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. We are not far from the ocean (3-5 miles) so serve a lot of seafood. The girls (waitstaff) had actually over the years started putting up tacky signs all above the backsplash which we are not putting back up.



  • 6 years ago

    Yellow accents ?

  • 6 years ago

    They are still painting so have to wait to see how it looks when done.
    thanks for the painting suggestions. Agree the yellow is pretty, love the bicycle print!

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Might be a local theme you could build on, that some might appreciate seeing...

    like some places, you could hang things, like a bike! .... once I saw a canoe up above...

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I am sorry to say that I missed that B.Raton is the teal... [confused again].

    "The bottom part of the wall and inside the two "frame" will be the Boca Raton. Above that is where I am looking for the lighter color" --

    ok to have a masculine thing - might be great with photos by the booths - my bad. Yellow paint could be great accent for photos [in the 'two frame' places].... Best of 'luck' and please post !!!

    shirts:

    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Men-s-Keep-Calm-And-Bike-On-Bicycle-Rider-Bicyclist-FREE-SandH-T-Shirt/275076768?selected=true