Software
Houzz Logo Print
sophiaalexander

Awkward Layout, bedroom attached directly to kitchen

6 years ago

My husband and I bought a cosmetic fixer upper from an older couple who had added on an addition while living there. The addition is great but one (of the three) bedrooms is attached directly to a small kitchen with a door. You think, hey it's a pantry and nope its a large bedroom with a sitting area and bathroom (possibly was intended to be a mother in law suite?).


I included a rough sketch. Ignore the dimensions, they are completely wrong and were added because of the app I used. The bedroom has a door that opens up to a closet and bathroom on the top that I did not include.




Any suggestions to make this layout less awkward? I would love to have it connected to the living room instead of the kitchen. It's a gorgeous house otherwise!