Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Ceiling pendants help please.

Crystalgirl9369
3 years ago

I posted this a while back but I can’t find it anymore. I’ve had such a hard time finding light fixtures I really love. These are so unique and I can’t find anything like them . I tried reverse image search too. Could someone help get the designer name again. I think they were in New York somewhere . I want them for over my kitchen island..

Comments (454)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Haha! I can tell you you will drop your bill maybe $50 a month with blown in insulation in attic increasing your R level. It will help reduce amount of time your AC is operating. That our experience in two homes similar size to yours.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

PS. I have HFH too. 72 night - 74 day.

• User
    3 years ago

Bobby Ann I don't know how it will impact your bills, you will need to ask an energy expert for that. Trust me that if you add insulation, your home will not be airtight.

but in fact, more airtight is good when it comes to energy efficiency-- but it needs to be done correctly so you get proper, healthy ventilation. I wouldn't just google around and getting all freaked out about "sick homes", there are a lot of bunk articles about it. it's like looking up your symptoms when you feel sick and convincing yourself you have cancer.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

We used blown in materials. A good foam application does seal your home and a good vendor will tell you you will need refreshing air pumped in adding some cost. I have highend clients who opted to do foam when building. It was a bear to get done right and that’s when everything is accessible. So be careful. If I build again, I will not do foam. Btw, it also complicates wiring changes after it firms up! So right there not a good plan for ya’all!

• lynartist
    3 years ago

Blown in insulation would probably be your most cost effective solution. There are lots of other factors in a Fla home that make it efficient of course; energy efficient windows, window film, deep overhangs to shield the sun , operational window treatments. I think you are wise to question the cost factor over time of the foam insulation! This may be overkill in your case.

• Crystalgirl9369
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi girls! I was looking to order my baby blue velvet sofas and credenza from Modshop but the lead time is ridiculous! I’m not waiting 4 months for furniture because it’s basically made in China like everything else! I think it’s just that some companies can’t afford to keep items in stock and they need your money first to order. Anyhoo does anyone know where I can get good quality blue velvet sofas and chairs with less than a month lead time? There are so many online but I’m nervous ordering without sitting on it first. And there’s nothing at local furniture stores in stock either. Everything is special order.

• lynartist
    3 years ago

Have you tried Home resource or Copenhagen Imports locally. I almost never bought from retail sources when I was working. I had accounts with companies and bought wholesale so unfortunately I am not much help to you now that I am retired. You might want to take a trip down to the Design center near Naples; they do allow public access but I believe will assign a designer for the day. You won’t get the same discount though and it is pretty high end compared to what you were looking at.

• lynartist
    3 years ago

It’s not like going to Miami of course. If you go down that way the consignment shops are really full of great stuff.

• lynartist
    3 years ago

Unfortunate Norwalk closed here last year ; they were a wonderful retail store.

• Crystalgirl9369
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Shoot and you know consignment stores are hit and miss and you have to go frequently to find the great stuff. I’m thinking I might order a chair first to check quality. That way it’s not a real pita to return😒

• lynartist
    3 years ago

I only dealt in high end upholstery, Pearson, Harden, Wesley Hall , Christopher Guy😢. I’m no help to you. Sorry... there are a couple specialty shops downtown like the Sarasota Collection. You might want to check out the Posh Plum , it is a higher end consignment shop but they very often have like new top quality items such as Baker etc.

• lynartist
    3 years ago

There is an Arhaus at the new mall but I don’t think that’s your style really . there’s a Z Gallery there too but I can’t ever quite make myself go in there😂‼️

• lynartist
    3 years ago

You could also try European Traditions. Very nice store but it might be too traditional for you!

• lynartist
    3 years ago

And there’s Soft Square but that’s mostly Italian so$$$

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Wow. I ordered a lot of product from Norwalk with good success. They closed here too. I have had good success with sofas from Ethan Allan. They have brought in much more transitional looks. Here is a sofa that would look great. I have been able to do COM (customer owned fabric) so you could buy the exact fabric you want. It prolongs delivery a bit but might be an option. There is an Ethan Allen in Sarasota. This one comes 98” long. There are others. Not as highend but with great chairs and other elements I think could work out. I will think about it more.

• lynartist
    3 years ago

Yes , there is an Ethan Allen in Sarasota. These are a couple from Pearson, better quality but more than twice the price unfortunately! Custom order through a designer too!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Those are so pretty.

• lynartist
    3 years ago

Love Pearson! They always have the most beautiful fabrics! All solid wood, eight way hand tied construction made in North Carolina!

• Crystalgirl9369
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Oh those are gorgeous! But what’s the darn lead time? 6 months?😒😩

• lynartist
    3 years ago

Usually 6 to 8 weeks.

• Crystalgirl9369
    Original Author
    3 years ago

lynartist can you meet me at my house Monday and help me decorate for a really good BLT? Toasted with extra mayo!😊

• lynartist
    3 years ago

Just send me an email. It’s on my profile page.

• Crystalgirl9369
    Original Author
    3 years ago

lyn I don’t see it. I think my email is available. See if you can find it . 🤷‍♀️

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Adding to custom timing is traditional August shutdown but maybe since a lot has been shutdown things will be going now?

• lynartist
    3 years ago

It’s lynartist@aol.com

• lynartist
    3 years ago

I hope so Flo, I am going to call my drapery workroom on Monday to see if I can get a few things done. Hoping I can; I think things here are kind of moving along despite everything!

• lynartist
    3 years ago

So annoying, when I hit my profile it sometimes pops up and then it just doesn’t! Like everything, it’s just so touchy!

• lynartist
    3 years ago

Bobby, I checked the Ethan Allen site and did find these two options. Not as hip as what you were wanting but if these were made up in a nice blue velvet they would be beautiful. I think the quality would be better than Modshop at least. You can customize these a bit and get them in a 96””.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

I like that Audrey. I love that back and the lines of the camel back. Always been a sucker for sweeping curves.

• lynartist
    3 years ago

It’s lovely; here it is in velvet. My only problem is, do you have to COM it! The other is lovely too if wanting that tufted look. Having to COM just drives the price way up😩

• lynartist
    3 years ago

But doing this frame in velvet really elevates the whole look to a glam style!

• lynartist
    3 years ago

This Pearson sofa I did is similar to the tufted EA . It is done in a beautiful velvet though so you can see that it becomes more formal.

• lynartist
    3 years ago

Seems they do have a couple blue velvets!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Gee, I didn't have a big price change on the EA sofa where I provided the fabric? That was a couple years ago now, so things might have changed with them. Of course, you will need "samples" of fabrics in any case. You have to see these fabrics up close and personal. That Ramona Sky look pretty blue gray on my screen?? Pretty though and less "girly" that a baby blue.

• Crystalgirl9369
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Ramona Sky is perfect and those sofas are to die for! Price is good too. ❤️

• lynartist
    3 years ago

Hoping we can make this work! Good call Flo! It’s not like these will get a lot of use!

• lynartist
    3 years ago

Yikes! It is stunning! Truly♥️♥️♥️

• lynartist
    3 years ago

Thank you Bobby Ann for letting me see your amazing new home! It’s as beautiful and glamorous as you are!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Awesome! Good for you! Bravo! What’s next?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Had to play with some ideas. I didn’t have your items handy but just trying to help you visualize this beautiful room.

• Crystalgirl9369
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Flo I love those table top pieces! Oh gosh but no more painting. My knees are bruised from crawling around this house with a razor blade removing the tiny pieces of paint mishaps. Now wallpaper I would consider🤔.. Hopefully my plum velvet banquette bench and two arm chairs will arrive soon. I still need fabric for the wood back chair seats, rug, lamps or sconces and was thinking a small curio or console to cover that ac return? PS I stood on the street last night and my chandelier looks amazing ! My new neighbors probably think I have a screw loose🥳

• Crystalgirl9369
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The sideboard fits better on left wall. Mirror over it soon but just put my Lempicka for now.

• shwshw
    3 years ago

Beautiful!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

That’s why I “painted” it for you. Oh yes, I’ll bet that’s something at night. I applaud you for hinging it just right and not too high! You are a trooper!

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    3 years ago

That is awesome.

• lynartist
    3 years ago

It’s SO glittery! Very glamorous!!!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

It is! Hard to capture sparkle in photos so it must be stunning!!! Great find!!

• Crystalgirl9369
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Final! PS I’m not changing a thing. I’m exhausted, caput and done. 😴🥵

• Crystalgirl9369
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Better pic.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH