daylilybedmaker

The real season has begun.

daylilybedmaker

I don't count any of the Stella's or Happy Returns as the start of the season as they have been blooming for weeks in my garden and shopping centers. I can always count on ROGER GROUNDS (in the a.m) to get things started.

In the p.m.

SHAKA ZULU - Which was a surprise. I don't recall it ever starting this early. I did not even see it this morning so this photo is in the evening.

Stella in Yellow- Obviously I need to divide this clump since all of the blooms are on the outer edges. If anyone wants any of it, I will gladly send it to you for the cost of shipping. If not, I will toss the pieces into the woods.

I don't think that I'm as behind in the season as I thought. I think I will have 3 or 4 new ones open tomorrow or the next day. I am noticing not much branching this year. We are also very dry, which in turn drives the deer to my yard. I noticed this morning that they feasted on a few and really liked PINK STRIPES. Of the 10 scapes, they left two or three alone. Good thing it is a bud builder. I was out there this evening spray Repels All on the two beds in my front yard. Always pay attention to the way the wind is blowing when spraying any of these odiferous items.

Have a great day.

David

SK Interiors
42 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2020