Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_387522985

I really need advice!

6 years ago

I have warm colors (dark red and a dark mustard yellow) in my kitchen with the red in the living room. (Sounds awful but it is beautiful!!!!!) I want (fake) wood floors there and have chosen a nice oak by LifeProof. It is a medium to light honey oak color. BUT in my two bathrooms I (just) put in cool colors (Frosted Jade by Behr.) There I was planning to put in a greyish colored 'fake' wood flooring. Having warm colors AND cool colors in the same home has turned out to create a problem - can I have different flooring in the same home???

The wood floors would never touch as they would be separated by bedroom carpets.

So...what about having two different types of 'fake' wood in the home?

And....no...re-painting the bathrooms is not an option. I have already begun painting the wood cabinets white and they look wonderful. I

Comments (8)

  • 6 years ago

    It would be much better to use the same fake wood flooring throughout. Otherwise, it could look like the owners ran out of the "right kind" and made a substitution because they could not afford to start over.

  • 6 years ago

    I agree with apple_pie_order, use the same flooring or it won’t flow well. I’m sure the honey oak will still be beautiful with the Frosted Jade.

  • 6 years ago

    OK....no issues here. Bathrooms are ALLOWED to have different flooring options. In fact that's what makes them so much fun to design.


    As for two fake woods...there is no need. Simply choose a STONE or TILE LOOK vinyl product for the bathroom! There you go. You can eat your cake and have it too.


    Go ahead with your LVP wood-look throughout the house. In the two bathrooms choose a cool stone or tile look that works with the design. Done. Like. Dinner.


    Just to be clear, 'wood' looks WEIRD in a bathroom if it is a 'stand alone' floor. That is to say there is ANOTHER form of flooring OUTSIDE the bathroom....like carpet. And when you have a weird look in a bathroom it SCREAMS OUT "I'm fake!". And that's NOT what you want to create after all of your hard work.


    I would use a stone-look LVP in the bathrooms. Something in the cool tones that REALLY shows off the bathrooms. Don't do 'wood look' in there or you will find yourself 'painted into a corner' when you decide to get rid of the carpet in the future (trust me...we see this ALL DAY LONG on this forum).

  • 6 years ago

    Love your advice. I went right out and found a perfect flooring that does not look like wood. In 24x24 sections and looks like marble.

  • 6 years ago

    ;-P So glad it worked out for you! Keep us up to date with your project.

  • 6 years ago

    I sure will - will share pictures when it is done.

  • 6 years ago

    Excellent advice and follow through. I have been hearing raves about Lifeproof and what you described sounds like what I am considering. It is Fresh Oak? Can you please post pix when installed?

  • 6 years ago

    I wil post pictures. I like LifeProof because it is easier to put in and the quality seems superior..