Software
Houzz Logo Print
kankantx

Need kitchen help

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Need help on my kitchen. This is how it looks today, with the addition of basic black appliances.

I'm thinking of painting the walls "RICE GRAIN" by Sherwin Williams and the kitchen cabinets, "THUNDER GRAY" but beyond that have no idea. This is an open-layout which I hate.


I want the kitchen to appear tall (so take advantage of vertical height (with a low budget in mind. I do not mind DIY projects). And I want it to "appear" spacious, especially with all the natural light.

Lastly, I don't know what type of "pantry" door to get.


The living room, nook, and kitchen are all open and joined so it looks like ONE BIG STUDIO apartment instead of a "house". Any ideas would be appreciated.


MOST of my large Windows line the rooms in the back of the house FACING the backyard, with 4 in the kitchen NOOK and 3 in the Living room. I believe my windows face WEST on this side of the house.


PHOTO #1 TAKEN From adjoining NOOK /L-SHAPED BANQUETTE surrounded by four, 34x72 windows facing the backyard.


To the left of the kitchen from this angle is the living room.




PHOTO TAKEN FROM LIVING ROOM FACING KITCHEN .TO THE RIGHT OF THE PIC FACES BACKYARD. These are old pics from when I moved in, but the only thing that's changed since these were taken are now I have black appliances (including built in microwave) To the RIGHT you can see one of the BANQUETTE WINDOWS.



Comments (4)