Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinam1962

Justterrilyn!!! Whaaaat????????????

Tina Marie
3 years ago

Bless your heart! I just read where you said you tested positive for Covid! How ARE you? (and your husband) I know you have taken great precautions; I really hate to hear you tested positive.

In the last few weeks, here in our little country area, I personally know 9 people who have tested positive. A month ago, I knew of one. The rehabilitation facility my dad is in has now had 1 patient test positive and 2 staff members. They are in a pretty low populated area but of course staff are in and out daily. They do take great precautions and are keeping us informed of any changes. Besides temp checks, etc. patients that were in the area of the 2 staff members now have respiratory exams every 2 hours. My dad is supposed to move Monday to a brand spanking new facility. I think they are a little freaked out to learn that he may have been exposed to Covid. Of course, he has been tested, will be tested again before leaving, will be tested at the new facility, tested again there in 3 days and isolated in his room until the 2nd test results come in.

Back to you, please update us and let us know how you are feeling. Of the ones I know, only one couple had many symptoms and they were not terrible, although the husband did end up with peunomia, but both are at home. The others have had nothing to mild symptoms.

We are thinking of you!! Sending you a hug and hoping you are both negative soon!!

Comments (72)

• Tina Marie
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Lynn, I am so happy to hear your husband's thoughts on this. The teaching hospital near me has been trying this treatment for covid, along with some other tweaks. Instead of respirators (except for the most severe), using the steroids and having patients lay on their stomachs (which is somehow supposed to help the lungs). There were some other things mentioned, but I don't remember what. I have a prescript for this inhaler (although the nebulizer would be great) as I had experienced a few asthma type symptoms (rarely) with my mold allergy. Thank you for sharing the article. I will definitely print that out!

• Bestyears
    3 years ago

lynnNM, I watched that video recently, but when I listened to it, I heard the doctor say many of his patients had the symptoms, but didn't actually test positive, and also, it sounded like he'd only treated about thirty people. So I kind of discounted it. Your take on it makes me rethink my reaction. Thoughts?

• texanjana
    3 years ago

Justterri, I am glad your symptoms have been mild. Take good care, and I wish you and your DH a quick and smooth recovery.

• Arapaho-Rd
    3 years ago

Sorry to hear and hope you and DH both feel better soon!

• IdaClaire
    3 years ago

I hope you're both 100% well in very short order. Take good care!

• suero
    3 years ago

Take care and don't try to do more than you are comfortable doing.

• maddielee
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

!!!! I posted on the other thread, but as fellow a Floridian, I wish you and your husband well with few symptoms.

• Moxie
    3 years ago

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you and your husband. I hope that your symptoms continue to be mild.

• pudgeder
    3 years ago

Hoping you & hubs continue to improve JT!

• Oakley
    3 years ago

Jt, I'm so sorry! Should you be exercising?? I don't know about that, shouldn't you save your strength to get over the virus and for the health of your lungs?

Lynn, I'm asthmatic and use my nebulizer once every few years, if that. Usually when I get Bronchitis. It IS amazing and I'm surprised it's not prescribed for anyone who has shortness of breath with Covid.

When DS2 got a summer job in high school working at a grainery where they dump wheat during harvest, he came home after a few hours on the job because he could barely breathe. The nebulizer knocked it out.

Same with an albuterol rescue inhaler. I gave it to DH when he had his first heart failure attack when the ambulance was on it's way, and it worked so good he didn't want to go to the hospital.

JT, keep in touch, and REST!! :)

• maddielee
    3 years ago

Wow Lynn, the studies about BUDESONIDE are all over the place. I hope we can stay healthy til there is an accurate, proven treatment or vaccine that works for all.

• roarah
    3 years ago

Light exercise if able and oxygen is good is probably not only harmless but possibly helpful. Exercise is an autoimmune modulator better than vitamin c. Furthmore, Covid is known to cause hypercougulation so moving will help keep sticky blood circulating. But do not push yourself. Keep well!

• gsciencechick
    3 years ago

Thinking healthy thoughts for you and your DH, JT!

• Tina Marie
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yes to light exercise. They are saying it is good for the health of your lungs during covid; keeps things moving.

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

Jterrilynn, I sincerely hope you and your DH pull through this with no worsening of symptoms. I thought about your DH and his heart surgeries after I wrote in the other thread, so happy to hear he is doing well. Keep up the mild exercise as you feel like it. Can’t hurt, right?!

Lynn, interesting study. I was given Budesonide in a powder form to mix with my nasal rinse. I was using it once a day to combat any secondary infections from occurring after sinus surgery. Then I was using it once a week during allergy season. It seemed to help.

• Lukki Irish
    3 years ago

My heart sunk when I read Tina Marie’s OP. I hope that the virus continues to be mild so you and yours can get well soon. (((hugs)))

• Rory (Zone 6b)
    3 years ago

Healing vibes to you and your DH! I hope you both have a full recovery!

• Springroz
    3 years ago

Prayers for continued healing!!!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    3 years ago

If you don't have a pulse ox, see if you can get one or borrow one. I've read a number of articles where people don't feel that ill but their O2 levels are actually dropping and then suddenly they crash. So it's a good thing to monitor. I bought one just in case and every time I think I'm not feeling well, I check it just to be sure.

• blfenton
    3 years ago

I hope you're feeling better soon with no lingering affects.

We had lunch with some friends today and his niece had covid at the beginning of April and after she did test positive for antibodies. She is going to have another test in a couple of months to see if she is still testing positive..

• Joaniepoanie
    3 years ago

So sorry to hear this. I hope your symptoms remain mild and you make a full recovery soon.

• Feathers11
    3 years ago

Justterrilyn, I hope you and your husband experience a full recovery. Take care and yes, keep exercising lightly.

LynnNM, a friend's 90-something-year-old mother who resides in a nursing home tested positive for covid, but never got sick or showed any symptoms. My friend was baffled because her mother has asthma... anecdotal, but interesting nonetheless. I'll have to ask her if her mother uses a nebulizer.

• westsider40
    3 years ago

I take budesonide capsules for colitis.

• Oakley
    3 years ago

With Covid being a lung disease and JT having a mild cough, that's why I'm not sure about exercising unless the doctor says it's fine. Right now lots of hydration is important for the lungs. Saving energy also helps the lungs.

What's scary is Covid does things to people when they think they're okay and over it. All the different symptoms is mind boggling. Does anyone know if one were to get pneumonia from Covid, when it sets in? Does shortness of breath begin early and lead to lung problems or can it take its sweet time?

I guess I ought to google "timeline of covid symptoms." :) My state quadrupled cases in the last 24 hours and I'm really scared because no one here wears masks, etc. except a few. :(

• maddie260
    3 years ago

Please feel well soon. Get your hands on a pulse oximeter.

• Feathers11
    3 years ago

Oakley, if you research exercise and immunity, you'll find a lot of helpful information that predates covid but is based on solid research. Here's an article that is informative. Of course, it's not directly applicable to covid, but it does offer fodder about the value of exercise. I don't think we can save our bodies' energy--I've never heard of that. My friends and family in the healthcare field have encouraged me to keep my lungs strong during this pandemic.

• maire_cate
    3 years ago

Thank heavens for your 'wimpy immune system' and I hope your symptoms remain mild. Wishing you and your DH a quick, uneventful recovery and now's the time to pamper yourself.

• amykath
    3 years ago

JT, I am sorry to hear the news but so relieved you and your hubby aren't experiencing horrible symptoms. Sounds like you both are handing it in stride. Pease keep us posted.

• jb1586
    3 years ago

JT, hope that you and your husband continue to have mild cases, and an easy recovery. We own a condo in Clearwater Beach, and sadly, have no idea when it will be safe and smart, to get back there. So frustrated with the stupidity of these state leaders.

• yeonassky
    3 years ago

Oh no just read this! I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope your symptoms continue to be mild. Sending healing thoughts you are and your family's way.

• terezosa / terriks
    3 years ago

So frustrated with the stupidity of these state leaders.

It's not just the state leaders, it's the general population! Here in Oregon face masks are now mandatory inside businesses, but yesterday in Costco I saw a number of people without masks (probably claimed a medical reason 🙄) and lots more with masks under their noses or hanging from their chins.

• Tina Marie
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Oakley we have friends who had covid. A married couple. She had fatique, slight dry cough and a bit of a sore throat. Was at the dr. for something else and he suggested testing her. Positive for Covid. Her husband started symptoms a few days later - for about 5 days just a headache. Then he had trouble breathing and went to the hospital. He was diagnosed with pneumonia. He was not admitted to the hospital, given meds, etc. and both have pretty well recovered other than some lingering fatigue. They are both 50ish.

Since you are not going out anywhere, you really don't need to worry about the masks, you're not going to be exposed. UNLESS your husband is going out or you are allowing people into your house who are out and about (including your sons and families). Anyone who is out around people is risking exposure and whatever they are exposed to, they can carry in to you. My 90 year old father is my main reason for trying to be safe. I will probably be able to actually see him in person within a couple of weeks when we move him to a new facility.

• gardener123
    3 years ago

So glad to hear the symptoms are mild, sending good wishes for a speedy recovery!

• Oakley
    3 years ago

Exercise during and after Covid At the bottom of the page is where it says not to exercise even if you have mild symptoms.

This is news to me, "The heart in particular can be damaged without a person even being aware of it."

Exercising to keep your lungs healthy if you don't have Covid, is the right thing to do. Get those lungs and heart strengthened, but doing it while sick is putting extra strain on them. Like if you have pneumonia, the last thing you're supposed to do is move.

So many bad things can happen because of Covid, like losing legs. Who would have thought? Play it safe.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    3 years ago

I am happy to hear your symptoms are mild. I wish you and your husband a speedy and full recovery.

• just_terrilynn
    3 years ago

Hi all, thank you so very much for your kind words! You are all such a great group of fine people!!!

Not much has changed since yesterday except I am grumpier due to fatigue. Husbands cough seemed slightly worse today. I have been keeping a daily log of both our vitals...BP, HR, OX & Temp. I always did this for husband in the past but have now included myself. Everything is so far in normal range.

To ease your minds regarding exercising, if anything goes out of normal range I will re-evaluate the activity. I am a firm believer in doing some sort of exercise activity when ill if one can manage it safely. On top of many other good things, it keeps the mind positive. A positive mind can help heal.

I’ll check in in a few days. Keep your fingers crossed that things only get better : ) Also, I apologize for not responding to each of you, I’m tired and punchy in the head and don’t think I can manage it. However, please know I did read every post.

• terezosa / terriks
    3 years ago

Also, I apologize for not responding to each of you, I’m tired and punchy in the head and don’t think I can manage it.

No worries! Take care of yourself. 🤗

• hcbm
    3 years ago

Rest when needed and walk as much as possible to prevent blood clots. My pulmonologist suggested this in case I were to become ill with Covid. Hope you and hubby are well shortly.

• just_terrilynn
    3 years ago

Oh hey terez, a while back you mentioned taking Zinc/Elderberry lozenges, I have been taking them since, my husband as well (although DH not as regularly).

• yeonassky
    3 years ago

JustTerrilynn I wanted to say that my sister's doctor thought my sister's first heart attack was due to a flu bug that went into her heart. Apparently it was sped up by her vigorously exercising right around when she had the flu. I guess her immune system's antibodies didn't have time to neutralize the flu.

• just_terrilynn
    3 years ago

Hi Yeon, I promise there is nothing vigorous going on. We are just not stopping everything as long as vitals are within normal.

• Tina Marie
    Original Author
    3 years ago

i almost missed your update! Hang in there!! It sounds like you are doing all the right things. We here are thinking of you and hoping yoy both are feeling better soon. Keeping you in my prayers.

• lizbeth-gardener
    3 years ago

JT, Sorry to hear you are dealing with the virus. Hope you both recover quickly!

• just_terrilynn
    3 years ago

Twelve days in! I’m nasally (not unusual) and tired, husband feels pretty good. DH is getting restless but I have to say he is doing well in that regard for him. This closed in closeness hasn’t been that bad overall, just a few minor annoyances over the remote lol. We were going to get retested on Monday (day 14) but decided to wait until Wednesday as we don’t want to keep going back and forth waiting for a negative.

So far, all vitals are still in normal range. Our only symptoms have been bad fatigue and an off an on lung-y feeling with cough. Tessalon helped with the cough and I only felt the need for the non/steroid inhaler Albuterol twice. However , slight cough is still there but not bad. Some days we felt almost normal but for the fatigue and cough. At the very start of this I felt like I had tiny water balloons bouncing off each other in my head but that only lasted a day or so. Slight fuzzy head sort of went with the fatigue on other days. Neither of us had a temp and we never lost our sense of taste.

Our convalescence...Husband went on occasional bike rides and walked everyday. I swam every other day and did a few squats. Together we did a short arms and abs workout session every other day. We did not go past 8lbs and less lbs for me usually. We didn’t push ourselves but tried to keep moving as our vitals were normal. Diet...our diet was not good. We ate lots of comfort foods which included a much much higher carb and sugar content than usual. I did throw in a few vegetable meat stews with my frozen homemade stocks. Really glad I took the time to make some good vitamin rich stocks and freeze for just this scenario.

I feel so incredibly lucky that we have (so far) a light version of the virus. It will not stop my paranoia though. Could I be this fortunate if there is a next time? Nobody knows. Looking forward to getting our “shields” to team with our masks to wear once we are negative and need to go out. Then, I will make a bunch more vitamin rich homemade stocks for the freezer. If anything it could help someone near if they get the virus .

The end.

• cooper8828
    3 years ago

Best wishes on a speedy and complete recovery.

• 3katz4me
    3 years ago

Glad to hear you are doing well.

• just_terrilynn
    3 years ago

Thank you!

• gsciencechick
    3 years ago

Hope you are still feeling OK.

• just_terrilynn
    3 years ago

I am! Thank you so much Gsciencechick! I think by tomorrow I’ll be back to my normal haha which isn’t that normal.